** Official Horizon: Forbidden West Complete Edition Thread **

Soldato
Reading this thread is like visiting the avforums, that extra thick +5mm £100 cable i bought increase the heard density of the bass by 0.3% of an ohm and it sounds so much better for the 2 seconds that is happening. Oh yes and my new screen is lighter by 1% and I can notice it because I am senstive to light while zoomed in at 900% moving it left to right, did you see that little sparkle, actually no i didn't I was too busy killing some stuff and enjoying the game

Sometimes you need to enjoy looking at the tress and forest without worrying about the bark, life is too short and one day you will not be here any more, enjoy it while it lasts don't waste it on crap, if you aint' 60 yet when you are, look back at this rubbish and realise wtf was I doing, now I can't see anything, can't grip anything and have rsi but at least the sparklies are good eh..

You're gonna get tried for war crimes with all those truth bombs you're dropping.

Caporegime
You're gonna get tried for war crimes with all those truth bombs you're dropping.

Shock horror that the pc gaming community who spend ££££ on their PC to get the best visuals etc. want to see graphics advance rather than be stuck in the dark ages :cry: Maybe you guys should stick with your 4.3 CRTs and trackball mice too, would certainly save a lot of money!
:p

Last edited:
Associate
There is a balance and pixel peepers and ear lobe losers miss out on the best part, the enjoyment, they can never enjoy, they see what they want to see regardless and can never really enjoying it, yet make it seem the rest of us are mad because we cannot see it.

Bit like pumping the missus and complaining she has a few grey hairs even though the lights are out.

Enjoy the good and forget the bad....

Caporegime
Guys.... I found another raster boo boo :o :mad:

Maybe she is secretly the shadow!!!!

afG22NZ.gif

I wasn't joking when I said, it literally gets worse the further you get in :cry:

The sooner raster dies, the better.

Soldato
If raster does then AMD really need to sort their **** out. Well, as well as make GPUs that actually work. Actually ridiculous how I took a 10 year gap between trying one and it has issues out the box with black screens and other nonsense.
I'll always stick with their CPUs (no e-lol cores thanks) but GPUs, I'd rather not game at all.
Checked my NVCP and rebar was on so that's good I guess? Might actually play this in a few months, not that I'm really stuck playing one game ever.

Last edited:
Caporegime
If raster does then AMD really need to sort their **** out. Well, as well as make GPUs that actually work. Actually ridiculous how I took a 10 year gap between trying one and it has issues out the box with black screens and other nonsense.
I'll always stick with their CPUs (no e-lol cores thanks) but GPUs, I'd rather not game at all.
Checked my NVCP and rebar was on so that's good I guess? Might actually play this in a few months, not that I'm really stuck playing one game ever.

AMD will sort it out, maybe won't match nvidia but they'll provide a usable experience as they have no choice but to now really given this is what game devs want to use/implement going forward.

You'll need to install nvidia profile inspector to enable rebar for games which nvidia haven't enabled via drivers.

Man of Honour
My review is up! I think I covered all bases really and did some additional digging into the whole DLAA vs Upscaling and CPU/GPU utilisation.

I saw comments elsewhere saying/showing that Frame Gen basically is turned off during cutscenes and whenever you open a loot dialogue in the game. This is shown as a frametime graph hitch range for a moment. I can see the hitch on mine too if I enable Frame Gen but the visual motion on screen and the frame response on screen in loot dialogues is unaffected, basically comments are saying that a 4090 just powers through the hitches so it's not an issue, yet I've watched the reviews on lower end cards like a 2080 Ti and others on forums who also see no such issue and everything is perfectly smooth. The hitch is too short and too small to be of any issue it seems, but a handful of people are saying they can notice the hitch and see it as frame drops in the displayed frames on screen.

One guy on a 4080 said he's playing at 4K with Frame Gen and sees the issue manifest on screen during cutscenes and loot dialogues. he also says that the game stutters during cutscenes - Something I have not seen at all at any resolution with or without Frame Gen.

Last edited:
Associate
Reading this thread is like visiting the avforums, that extra thick +5mm £100 cable i bought increase the heard density of the bass by 0.3% of an ohm and it sounds so much better for the 2 seconds that is happening. Oh yes and my new screen is lighter by 1% and I can notice it because I am senstive to light while zoomed in at 900% moving it left to right, did you see that little sparkle, actually no i didn't I was too busy killing some stuff and enjoying the game

Sometimes you need to enjoy looking at the tress and forest without worrying about the bark, life is too short and one day you will not be here any more, enjoy it while it lasts don't waste it on crap, if you aint' 60 yet when you are, look back at this rubbish and realise wtf was I doing, now I can't see anything, can't grip anything and have rsi but at least the sparklies are good eh..
99% agree - the game is a great port (for once) and looks beautiful. I'm only a few hours in and enjoying it.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
That's rather toasty. GPU in this game is 220 watts, CPU in all games is ~80 watts :D

I can make gpu go to 120w. Which actually the profile I typically use. But for this game I went with the one higher profile I have.

I actually have one higher profile that goes to around 180w. But only ever use that if really need it. Say if I was in 50fps range I would use that for the extra boost. But right now I keep seeing 3 digit fps thanks to framegen and it bloody feels so smooth too :D

This CPU is always in the 110ish range. Only way to get it lower is if there is barely any CPU usage in old game or to undervolt it which I did not bother.

Back
Top Bottom