How Easy Is It To Sell an Old Piano These Days?

Soldato
How easy would it be to sell an old upright piano in OK condition but in need of some attention (some keys don't work)? Is there a market these days or do you have to give them away? If a giveaway, what websites are best for this?

Thanks

Soldato
OP
It's not one of the premium brands. It's actually my sister's. She's yet to make the final decision to give it away but it's likely she will. The piano is in Salisbury, so if anyone is in the market for one and can collect, let me know and I'll pass this on.

Soldato
OP
The make is Carl Strauss, 1908, if anyone knows about them. I will post a pic shortly. The piano is available in Salisbury if anyone wants it and can collect.

Soldato
OP
Here's a pic. Needs a bit of work as a lot of the keys aren't playing now. When working it would be quite a nice piano, it has a nice action. It would be great to find it a home and not have to break it up.

piano-opt.jpg

Soldato
OP
I don't know how to tell if it's legitimate. My sister has told me it's a 1908. I did a little Googling and get the impression it's an English made piano that's been given a German name. I last played it years ago, and to play it was a bit honky tonk and good for that, but did not feel high quality. I agree though, the inlays look pretty nice.

I doubt it would be worth the transportation costs to get it to an auction.

Back
Top Bottom