Hyte Y70 Touch

Soldato
Can I ask are you using Aida64 to drive the screen or something else?

I run aida64 for non touch screens (just 7" amazon specials) which works great but had evidence of my modding skills (or lack of) all over it!

Soldato
Got mine over xmas along with a Corsair h150i LCD and a load of new QX fans. Love it.

z1kYlF20_o.jpg
[/URL]

R6nfA2cL_o.jpg
[/URL]

How do you find the GPU temps with it being close to the glass? (how thick is that card?)

I was looking at the Y60 case before but swapped it due to worries that the GPU cooling would be affected (Sapphire 7900XTX)

Associate
How do you find the GPU temps with it being close to the glass? (how thick is that card?)

I was looking at the Y60 case before but swapped it due to worries that the GPU cooling would be affected (Sapphire 7900XTX)
There’s a good couple of inches between the card and the glass. Plus I’ve also got 2 fans installed below the case ‘floor’, blowing air up directly at the gpu. It’s a bit larger than the Y60.

Not massively tested but it’s certainly no worse than my old Corsair air 540 that the 4090 was in previously.

Also helps that I’ve put the side intake fans the right way round since this photo

Last edited:
Soldato
You did this Hyte

You just had to go stick a giant screen on your case

Now everyone is looking for screens they can use

Look at this monstrosity from MSI

Soldato
You did this Hyte

You just had to go stick a giant screen on your case

Now everyone is looking for screens they can use

Look at this monstrosity from MSI

I saw a video of a guy taking the clear LCD part from a broken screen and incorporating it into the glass side panel of his case. It actually looked incredible :D Got me eyeing up olld broken TFTs from work. Shame I'm too lazy to even think how I'd achieve it.

Associate
Can a sound card fit in this case or does the vertical mount completely block it? Even if I install the sound card vertically as well (behind the GPU)?

I understand that motherboard sound is good these days and a separate DAC/AMP is a better solution but I already have an amp for my speakers and I like my sound card with my headphones. It drives them well (Sennheiser HD650's).

Associate
You would have to measure up but there's probably only room right underneath the riser for a half height card without getting in the way of the PCIE cable. I have an M.2 card in mine but that's quite narrow

iFmEbOOa_o.jpg

Associate
Ah yeah cheers mate, it's a full size card so wouldn't work that way. So there isn't the option to mount it vertically next to the GPU if I get another riser cable? For example some cards use 3 slots vs cards using 2 etc or is the PCIE connector in the base of the case fixed?

Associate
I've recently changed over to this case and am surprised that people haven't been commenting about the system resources the Hyte y70 software uses (Nexus). As an FPS junkie I spotted noticeable FPS drop when having this software on in the background. When you installing Nexus it warns you twice about the resources it consumes and even says 'you have been warned!'. I deleted the software and use aida64.... just waiting on for people with more time on their hands (and skill) to develop a cool template.

Associate
I've recently changed over to this case and am surprised that people haven't been commenting about the system resources the Hyte y70 software uses (Nexus). As an FPS junkie I spotted noticeable FPS drop when having this software on in the background. When you installing Nexus it warns you twice about the resources it consumes and even says 'you have been warned!'. I deleted the software and use aida64.... just waiting on for people with more time on their hands (and skill) to develop a cool template.
I have a 4090 in mine so don't bother looking :D

Soldato
If you want the weather widgit to show your own city instead of just the USA one, type your city in the box, and wait a few mins, then backspace 1 letter at a time slowly, once it shows up, select with the mouse.

Took a few tries.

Associate
I ordered mine on the 7th of Jan and haven't seen any kind of indication to when they are getting them, is it worth just cancelling? I read on Reddit its being discontinued because of overwhelming demand and replaced with a cheaper screen model thats not 4k

Back
Top Bottom