I hate myself so much right now.. Im such a jealous person

Associate
OP
Thanks for some of the replies in this thread.. has made me see a bit of sense, sorry for seeming like a tit because believe me I feel like it now looking in hindsight.

Associate
OP
Just out of interest how old are you for this insurance?

Oh yeh and fair enough you are annoyed I would be but to let your girlfreind know about it and that much che is annoyed with you, I would be ashamed!

18 years old - and yes I am :(.

Lol, kids.

The reason you're jealous is because you're a very self-centred, selfish and ego-driven person. You're also evidently suffering from status anxiety.

You've got a girlfriend and you've got a car. That's already twice as much as me. Am I jealous? No, because that's life.

So stop yapping like the runt of the litter and enjoy what you've got instead.

I only read your first post but imagine if it were reversed how you'd feel if she got in you spanking car and didn't say anything all trip :p

Very true.

Associate
OP
Well you gotta realize one thing: you've manned up and admitted you have this problem. That alone is worthy of a pat on the back.

Right. Now that you have admitted you have these jealousy/envy issues its time to take control of them and sort out your life. Love your gf for who she is and as importantly accept yourself for who *you* are. You cannot measure lifes happiness using nice cars, big houses and lots of bling. None of us will complain if those things come our way but if you do not have them it is soul-destroying to sink into jealousy and envy. In the end its your life thats being consumed by this and its your loss. Be happy for what you have and be yourself. You may not be happy with your old "box cars" but theres thousands out there who dont or cant even OWN a car.

Seriously - lifes short. Too short for this sort of crap to get in the way.

Thanks for the replies - I realise that I was being pathetic and kudos to all of you that in one way or another told me so but don't brand me as a complete idiot because of one mistake that I made in my life as some of you have seemed to have done coming from your replies. I admitted my fault and more to the point, admitted that I have a fault that I actually want to do something about. I have had a word with my girlfriend and apologised for my actions - I just needed to see sense.

Associate
OP
Some of the replies here are ridiculous...! I bet some of you guys feel really MANLY for telling him shut up/grow up/immature etc.

Nothing wrong with a bit of jealousy, it's just an emotion. As long as you don't let it spoil things with her.

Be happy for her, be driven to achieve what you want in your life and move on.

Thanks to a lot of you that gave me sensible replies and helped me to see why I was wrong. Im going to carry on and be pleased for her as I should have been in the first place, god knows why I just didn't see that first time round :) It was a mistake on my half, something im not proud of.. we all make mistakes and if you can't learn from them, then how are you ever going to learn?

Associate
OP
Thanks to a lot of you that gave me sensible replies and helped me to see why I was wrong. Im going to carry on and be pleased for her as I should have been in the first place, god knows why I just didn't see that first time round :) It was a mistake on my half, something im not proud of.. we all make mistakes and if you can't learn from them, then how are you ever going to learn?

Back
Top Bottom