Ideas for a first car?

Associate
Hey guys

I'm looking for my first car. (currently named driver)

I currently drive a 1997 Mitsibushi Carisma 1.9TD. I like this car however its not mine and wanted to get something for myself. The Carisma is getting a little long in the tooth and fuel economy is not as good as it used to be

I need some sort of hatchback and drive around 60 miles round trip to work everyday so needs to be good on fuel. Also want something a little more fun. Budget porbably £1700 for the car. Oh and im 19 passed for a year.

Thought you guys might have an idea Thanks in advance

Associate
OP
Had a look at one of they appear to be a really nice motor, will be looking at those in my shortlist for sure

Thanks.

I was sort of thinking something like a Leon or some sort of Diesel hatchback like s golf since the insurance is affordable.

Associate
OP
Cheers guys will look into both the Fiesta and the focus.

My commute is on a range of roads driving mainly country roads between towns. route is Banbury to Oxford if anyone has ever done it. Dont tend to drive the motorway want to avoid the A34.

On another note has anyone got any views on the Toyota Yaris T Sport saw one of these and it seems to give good fuel figures as well as performance.

Thanks in advance

Associate
OP
Cheers guys just been looking over your suggestions.

Do you guys think its worth having a look at a diesel if i am travelling around 300 miles per week. It seems to be a bit difficult to weigh the costings up on both sides.

I like the idea of the fiesta or the focus they seem to fit the bill very well. I have also been looking at the Yaris Tsport this seems to provide a bit of fun, and from what i have read many owners get over 40MPG on average which would work.

Back
Top Bottom