I'm using a Kryosheet

Associate
Comes off with 99% IPA, but you loose the warranty as soon as you remove the 4 screws from the back of the graphics card anyway, one of the screws is covered with a "void if removed" sticker.
I am only buying cards without the sticker, FE or Zotac. Did not know IPA dissolves nail polish, thanks.

Associate
As others said, nail varnish over the small smds, but actually the cryosheet is the size of the chip, +0.5mm or so, so as long as you dont let it slip, its not a risk. as its too small to reach the conductive components.

Associate
As others said, nail varnish over the small smds, but actually the cryosheet is the size of the chip, +0.5mm or so, so as long as you dont let it slip, its not a risk. as its too small to reach the conductive components.
Is it sticky enough so it stays in place? I might try it then ;)

Soldato
No, its not sticky at all, he actually recommends you dont touch it, you put it in place with a pair of tweezers, and then test fit the cooler very carefully, then remove the cooler very carefully and see if its moved, if it did, be more careful next time, if it didnt move then you know you did it right, refit the cooler and forget about it.

EDIT: you could always get some Kapton tape to cover the SMD's rather than nail polish, its very cheap too, Derbauer uses it in this video: (Jump to 9mins 40) https://youtu.be/y_jaS_FZcjI?si=2JiC7vC7uc496huT

Last edited:
Associate
As Jamin said, not sticky at all. But I apply a drop of isopropanol, that#ll hold it in place, then evaporate within a few seconds, this can also be used to attach it and then rotate the graphics card upside down and it will still hold. Worked a treat with me. and no movement at all. I got about 20 seconds of hold before it evaporated enough to drop when upside down.

Associate
Tempted by one of these!

Currently running air cooled 5900x with Arctic MX 6 But was thinking of changing paste to sheet next time of clean up (done once a yr or so) - Am not looking foward to battling with removing the cpu and a sheet will, I hope, minimize the problem of the cpu sticking to the cooler.(have been lucky so far as no bent pins but each time I take it out......)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom