Is my AV receiver dead? (won't turn on, but pass through works)

Caporegime
My 14 year old AV receiver may have died today.

I tried to turn it on. And it immediately turned off. So I tried again. I then it wouldn't turn on.

Standby light is on.
HDMIs pass through the signal to the TV.

Fixable?
Anything I should try?
Or new one?

Its a yamaha v1067.

Soldato
Very basic but I had this occur once with my Anthem receiver. I unplugged it from the wall for 60 minutes and it seemed to fix it - not sure if you have done already but worth a try.

Caporegime
OP
Very basic but I had this occur once with my Anthem receiver. I unplugged it from the wall for 60 minutes and it seemed to fix it - not sure if you have done already but worth a try.

I'm doing they now. Well. Overnight as I'm done in the living room. But it's so old and gets used most days so if it's dead it's had a good life!

Soldato
AV receivers have so many components the chances of one giving up at some point are pretty high and the quality of them is far lower than equivalent price point stereo gear.

Much of my stereo kit is 20+ years old now and all working perfect..... although my CD player could do with a service.

The two AV receivers I've owned, one Marantz, one Onkyo, neither made it to 10 years before crapping out. 14 is pretty good going in my experience.

Soldato
AV receivers have so many components the chances of one giving up at some point are pretty high and the quality of them is far lower than equivalent price point stereo gear.

Much of my stereo kit is 20+ years old now and all working perfect..... although my CD player could do with a service.

The two AV receivers I've owned, one Marantz, one Onkyo, neither made it to 10 years before crapping out. 14 is pretty good going in my experience.
I have a Yamaha DSP A1 that's still going strong

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP

Yeah it's pretty good. I mean as electronics go.. Like you say.. There's a hell of a lot of pieces.

Pro just going to get another.

No idea what to get. And would rather not spend too much.

Back
Top Bottom