Just bought some BOSE 301 MKII Speakers? have some questions

Soldato
just bought some of these speaker off **** in white :D im gonna be using my new Bose 301 MKII music monitor speakers to well... listen to music in stereo mode on my Kenwood KRF-V5050D from my Audigy 2 Ex.

i just wanted to know if anyone has a pair of these speakers,

and how much of a vast improvement i will hear from my current Acoustic Solutions crap.

also where should i place them? and does it matter because they are direct reflecting?

my room is 4M long by 3M wide. i have my screen on the longest wall "see pics."

there isnt enough room on the sides of the screen to mount them. its about 10cm too thin.

Thanks for Replies.

Soldato
OP
i could just go and cry lol. but i wont becuase if need be, i could always sell them on at nearly no loss.

goatboy - if they are a crap as everyone has said anything i have paid for them is too much.

so... if i really dont like them what would you people recommend? i have about £100 budget (not how much i paid for the 301's, paid a little less :mad: )

Soldato
OP
well my bose should be here on thursday so i'll hook them up see what there like and go from there. if they are as bad as eveyone said, off to the highstreet it is lol. and onto ebay they go lol. thanks for advice will post back on thursday

Soldato
OP
Well they just arrived like 5 mins ago. unwrapped them pluged them in and OH MY GOD they are LOUD.a dn to be honest i dont think they sound too bad at all. i have them on the floor at the minute. i need to mount them on something to hear the real effect. i will do this soon and get back to you.

EDIT: there is SOME quality increase over my Acoustic Solutions but not a great deal. im only playing MP3's at the moment. i'll try some dvd audio later. the bass is actually very good. thats because ive went from 2 1/2" drivers to 8".

the direct reflecting tweeters are great. really does give a "wider" stereo image. but im not going to be able to put them where i wanted. there just too big.

i'll have to do some thinking. see wether or not i can keep them. dont know if there really practical.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
The space arround the speakers will be filled in at a later date. waiting on some supplies. i will be surrounding the holes with the same edging that the AV hole has. i think i will look rather nice when its done.

Thanks for looking.

Soldato
OP
sound is amazing. the bass these speakers produce is just so punchy and clear. its great. there good for movies too. the direcrt reflecting tweeters help a lot. filling the front wall with a "stereo image" of sound. i just need to upgrade the rest of my speakers now.

my old speakers were 7W im still using these as rears and as a centre till i can afford to replace them. but overall im really happy with them. they are the best speakers ive ever owned for sure.. but saying that im only 18 and as of lastweek have no job :mad:

i'll post some more pics when i have them sat properly, and the gaps filled. which are getting done today. hopefully i'll be able to re-paint the wall today too. Thanks for comments!

Back
Top Bottom