• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Just setup my X2 4800+ and

Associate
Very impressed so far, game are flying and windows is very smooth but..

I heard u require a hotfix for windows when using service pack 2? I downloaded some kind of fix but it said i had too change the registry which i thought wasnt right. Does anyone have a link on guide too with these chips and performance in windows?

Also when i look in taskmanager and it says CPU on processes page is this displaying the usage? As my "System Idle Process" is constantly on 99 -%?

Thanks in advance

Associate
System Idle Process will always be displayed at 99% or near enough when your not doing anything on your pc, that means 1% of your system resources are being used.

Soldato
Just to note also - you don't need to do the registry modification. If you look closer at the MS article, you only need to enter the registry key if you want to disable what the hotfix does. If you want the hotfix to be enabled, you just run the hotfix and reboot, job done.

I've noticed that a lot of people haven't actually read the MS article properly and therefore believe that editing the registry is required - it isn't.

Note:

After you install the hotfix that is described in this article, you may use registry settings to disable the new performance state policy behavior. To do this, follow these steps:

Back
Top Bottom