Kat, H33t, Fenopy blocked in the UK

Associate
OP
btw while tpb's block took half a year, this took no time at all. the precedent has been set, and it's not a very nice precedent if it extends beyond pirating.

Associate
OP
Dunno about you, but I can still access tpb just fine.

only through proxies for me. i don't really think old men in suits could actually stop pirates. i just don't like the implications of people choosing what information i am and am not allowed to access online.

Kat still opening for me.... via firefox... possible setup modify headers or hola unblocker web proxy extention. If you click to download a file (via kat etc) choose the magnet link instead.

kat still opens for me too but last time when tpb was blocked o2 spent about a month putting the block into effect. don't know who you're with but i imagine different providers will take different lengths of time to put up the block.

Associate
OP
It doesn't matter if banning access is a pointless exercise. The whole purpose is to be seen to be doing something about it, make a big song and dance about it so joe public might be dumb enough to think they are on top of it and the industry Stasi justify their existence.

problem is the big song and dance is such an exercise in time and money wasting, and it sends a message that corporations can influence what we can do on the internet. it's true the average member of the public might be impressed though; my mum brought my attention to this actually because she thought i should start being careful in case the cops come and get me

Back
Top Bottom