Kid wants the cheapest bestest build that plays everything for £300!

Associate
Hi,

A friend who's nephew wants a gaming PC with a £300 budget that plays everything! is living in a dream world and he should get him a steam deck. clearly His budget of £300 is unworkable but I've endeavored to get it as low as possible and still not be pants. so far i have come up with this for £734

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor
Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 Black 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler
Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE AX ATX AM4 Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (1 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory
Western Digital Black SN770 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive
Gigabyte WINDFORCE OC GeForce RTX 4060 8 GB Video Card
Deepcool CC560 V2 ATX Mid Tower Case
MSI MAG A650BN 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

Can you suggest some savings or improvements to this to get him the best bang for the buck that is going to be better than a pocket calculator. i also don't know what games he is playing he wants it to play everything but he is 14 so i am guessing the usual for that age.

Thanks

P

Associate
OP
For someone with an initial desire to get it all for £300 he doesn't need some of that. For £700 I'd be trying to go AM5, are you speccing it for him or you?

As mentioned get a 5600 (make an offer on the B grade one at OCUK), drop the HSF, change to a B450, 2x8GB sticks of RAM, get a 2nd hand GPU.
specing it to be as cheap as possible which will play the games he wants but i dont know them yet. even £700 might be over his budget unless he gets some help.

Associate
OP
Thanks all, massive thanks to all who spent time commenting, i think i have enough options to go with now and see what he thinks. i think the 5600 is a good call with the RX 7600. its a much better option and the 32gig of ram option all at the expense of cheaper mobos / cases / stock cooler. putting the money into where it counts.

Associate
OP
I recommend you go second hand. I just sold my sons PC for £300 that was perfectly fine as a starter PC.
Intel 9th gen and 1660 super.
If he wants budget, give him budget :)
good suggestion, However second hand is pot luck, you are probably a decent human being who takes care of your sons PC and used good components for it. Not every second hand seller is like that. i'd hate to suggest that and have him buy somthing that dies just after he gets it. so i think for peice of mind and warrenty new but sensible is the way to go for him.

Back
Top Bottom