Lenovo Thinkbook or Ideapad?

Soldato
Looking for something for basic browsing and windows tasks - MS office etc. No gaming or editing. Not buying in the UK, but narrowed it down to two Lenovos - Ideapad Slim 5i and Thinkbook 16. The prices are pretty much the same (with Thinkbook being marginally cheaper), but thinkbook seems to have better specs - faster ram, 13th gen intel vs 12th gen. The downside seems to be the ideapad having a better camera and arguably a better battery (though doesn't seem like much). I can't tell though if there's something else here that differentiates them other than the normal specs and if I'm missing somethig? Thinkbook is meant to be more 'business', but apart from general branding, is there something else here that makes it worse for everyday use?

Thanks!

Associate
Like you say the Think series are usually business focused.
Your post is a bit confusing as your header says thinkpad, but your looking at the thinkbook.
The thinkpad's have very strong chassis & excellent keyboards. The thinkbook looks a bit like the ideapad tbh. Probably virtually the same apart from some security features on the thinkbook.

Soldato
OP
Apologies, you're right - it's the ThinkBook I'm looking at. Have edited.

Yeah, seems to be. Leaning towards the ideapad as that can be upgraded to 1tb ssd (and the thinkbook is at 512). May be worth more to my mom (who the laptop is for) than the 13th gen vs 12th gen and 5200 mhz ram vs 4800.

Back
Top Bottom