Lexus LS430

Don
OP
The E65 you could have bought for the same money.

An e65 isn't going to be reliable at that age. God knows they have enough problems when they are new.
Also, there aren't any E65s from BMW main agents in that price range. I need a main agent buy at the moment so I at least have some decent come back if the car turns out to be a bit shoddy.

Don
OP
mjt; said:
Rilot, have you discounted the A8 due to possible issues, thereby high running costs?

I put my issues I had with my A8 down to it being an early build but my mate has just taken delivery of a last of the line a8 on a 59 plate. It's been back to Audi 5 times in 3 weeks to fix various electrical problems. It's done 4000 miles from new.

So I guess shoddy a8s are the norm rather than the exception.

Don
OP
danza; said:
This. I'm not what I'd say 'qualified' to give a reasonable opinion on the LS compared to other similar cars, but to me it just doesn't look far enough removed from its predecessor.

I know what you mean. When one sits next to a new gen ls460, you can really see it.

Don
OP
Well I looked at it. No sale.
I just couldn't get past the ugly ass looks and very dated interior technology.

I went and looked at an A8 today too from a main agent. That was lovely but I just couldn't get him to budge down to where I wanted him to be on price. Much as the A8 is unreliable I just love them. Am I mad?

Don
OP
I just looked at and drove a 730d on a 56 plate. Most of the right options (soft close doors, power boot lid, comfort seats etc). It's in budget (I've decided to spend a fair bit more than 12k to make sure I get the right car) and from a BMW main dealer.
I think I might buy it.

Don
OP
mjt; said:
Do it. I doubt you'll regret it.
But if you don't like it, it shouldn't be too much trouble to sell on.

My thoughts too. I normally dislike diesels but it seems to suit the 7.
Its done 75k motorway miles with 1 owner so should be good for another 75k without throwing up too many big bills.

Back
Top Bottom