Lian LI 011DW Dynamic Case

Associate
Just wanted to know if anyone has built in this case and what it is like ?
Looking to switch from my Fractal Design Meshify C to the Lian LI 011 Dyamic MID Tower OR the EVO version

Should be keeping my NZXT Kraken X53 and mounting it at the top.

In regards to airflow the Rad will sit at the top, and I will have 2 or 3 case fans mounted at the side.
Does it matter which one is exhaust and which is intake ? Can have the rad as intake or exhaust, then the 3 side case fans as exhaust or intake

My CPU us a Ryzen 5 3600 and according to Ryzen master it idles about 33c so stays cool. GPU is a 3060ti fe

Thanks !

Last edited:
Associate
I have the o11 evo and found the front mesh kit dropped my gpu temps by around 3 degrees. That is using 3 120mm fans.

The rad should be at the top as exhaust. I have side as exhaust. Bottom as intake and front as intake.

Associate
bottom and side intake, top exhaust. Rad on top. Tried almost every possible scenario and you won’t get better results overall. You may drop 1 or 2C using the rad as intake but everything else inside the case will be affected way over that tiny 1 or 2C. Remember, the radiator will have an active cooling (fans), but MOSFET, RAM, Chipset, NVME rely on airflow for cooling and a power hungry GPU dumping 300+W over the NVME (silly location) mag cause it to thermal throttle.
About air raising, only if not a single fan is used. Otherwise forget about that. Any fan will overcome that. The only issue with top exhaust fans, if not to cool a radiator, is to direct, straight out, cool air before it reaches the desired areas. The best way to start with your fan positioning is imagine air as a fluid, and use the fans to guide air through the desired path. For aircooler, I would only use a single fan on top of the cooler, 200-300rpm less than any other fan used. Their job is to remove residual heat, as front, side and bottom intake will force air to escape the case everywhere else. Using a rear exhaust will only guide the airflow, creating a path over the MOSFET and CPU area.

Back
Top Bottom