Lian Li GA 2 Trinity Performance 360 - Fans (again)

Associate
I`m currently building in a O11D Evo XL and grabbed the AIO above to mount in the tray side. The Performance comes with 3 ugly grey fans (uprated and speed controlled via a little slider switch to be used with L Connect) attached which seriously offend my eyes :( I had the idea of moving them to the other side of rad and fitting 3 sl120`s on the pump side in a push pull config, I would guess the fans will be mismatched performance wise albeit not a lot ? I wont connect the stock fans to L Connect but will connect the SL120`s , can you see issues with doing this ?

Also I`m a little concerned about airflow when I would have only 3 intake fans in the bottom and the others in back x1 , the top x3 and the side AIO x 6 are all exhaust. I was thinking if making the AIO intake to try and balance the pressure, (Steve at GN seems to think it wont really effect thermals that much) plus it would look better for my RGB fetish ? Any ideas ?

Last edited:
Soldato
Fans and radiators are funny things. Lian Li are generally pretty decent at engineering so my gut feel is they already optimised the fans to the radiator and I would run it stock for a bit and if you don’t like the outcome, then start playing about with the configuration. I doubt you’ll make it substantially better though. Very few fans are optimised to work in a push/pull configuration and blowing fast air into a fan or having a pressure drop behind a fan doesn’t necessarily make that fan work any better.

Associate
The changes will be minimal going to push pull. It is better, but not 3 new fans better, the difference in fans shouldn't really matter much though, put the ones with the greater positive pressure as push if you're really concerned. You do have a lot of negative pressure in the case though, so dust will be pulled in from the outside through any gaps that aren't filtered.

I think I'd try the 3 bottom as intake, the side AIO as intake and the top + back as exhaust, so you have positive pressure.

Sorry, correction, the fans with the greater static pressure as push.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom