• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Lian Li RGB/4070 Super

Soldato
Hi,

I’m hoping somebody can help.

I’m looking to add the Lian Li RGB cable to my 4070 Super. I guess the part I’m confused about is the fact I’m using the adaptor that comes with the card and plugging the 2 8 pins into the 12VHPWR adaptor.

Should I be plugging this into:

Or should I get this?

I was thinking of getting the 3 8 pin in case I upgrade to a 5080 or something next gen. I assume I can leave one free and just use the 2 I need?

Associate
Thanks, would the 1st option have worked?
I believe so, as long as you have the appropriate sockets/cables on/from your PSU. If you look at the 12VHPWR end, you can see the incoming wires are just "ganged" together from the PSU end to meet the current requirements.

As regards what connector will be on the 5080, and what it's current requirements are, that's anyone's guess right now. Seems a 16 pin PCIe 6.0 jobbie of some form, at least according to rumour.

Man of Honour
Thanks, would the 1st option have worked?
I'd have thought your question really depends on the visual consideration more than the technical? Reason being, if you plug the strimer into the 12VHPWR between the adapter and the graphics card, the RGB would be visible around the front of the build, whereas if you plug the strimer into the 2x 8-pins prior to the adapter, you'd have the RGB set quite a long way back from the graphics card.

Soldato
OP
I'd have thought your question really depends on the visual consideration more than the technical? Reason being, if you plug the strimer into the 12VHPWR between the adapter and the graphics card, the RGB would be visible around the front of the build, whereas if you plug the strimer into the 2x 8-pins prior to the adapter, you'd have the RGB set quite a long way back from the graphics card.
Tbh the adaptor for the 12VHPWR isn’t really that long to make a significant difference. I was more concerned about my standard PSU cables going into the adaptor and then using another cable into the GPU

Back
Top Bottom