Looking to buy a new PCI-E soundcard

Permabanned
My Asus Xonar STX has died it seems, need something as good if not better with driver support for Windows 11. Music and Games is my usage and need stereo mix too.

Quick research just now seems to point to the Creative Sound Blaster AE-7 but thought I would check in here first.

Thanks.

Associate
I'm using a fairly inexpensive Sound Blaster Z in mine to output optical digital to my living room DENON AV Receiver (Sony 4K TV is my monitor...) and gotta say it works really well for what I need.

Associate
My Asus Xonar STX has died it seems, need something as good if not better with driver support for Windows 11. Music and Games is my usage and need stereo mix too.

Quick research just now seems to point to the Creative Sound Blaster AE-7 but thought I would check in here first.

Thanks.
Do you have a surround sound speaker system or what’s the reason for the use of a PCI-e sound card?

Im a fan of USB DACS over PCI-e as a sound interface but it’s really up to the user.

Do you need SPDIF and subwoofer out?

Something like an Ifi Zen DAC v2 would be a good USB option.

Otherwise, im sure that someone here can recommend a PCI-e card.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Is it good or what?
Loving it so far. Not used to soundblaster software these days but its all working out so far ... My Asus Xonar Essence STX was great while it lasted, especially with the UNI drivers in Win 11, but all of a sudden it just got flakey? and several attempts to revive install wise it became clear it had passed its best days?

I play online in music rooms in Stereo mix and everyone noticed it ... shrugs? And I could hear it too. No such problems with my new AE-7.

But so far so good with the SB AE-7 ... cost me £200 gulp, but I do like my sound quality and very happy with this card, probably the AE-5 would have been fine too, but I'd be forever wondering ... what if ... I'd bought the AE-7

Back
Top Bottom