Looking to upgrade from Steelseries Arctics 7P+

Soldato
I'm using a set if Steelseries Arctics 7P+ on my PC for gaming but want to upgrade as although the sound is pretty good it's not amazing.

The sound on my older Astro A50's I find to be better but they are quite old and not as comfortable.

I'm looking at the Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless XT, but they seem to get mixed reviews, some say excellent, others say the sound is a little flat.

Ideally I'd want wireless but open to suggestions, pretty flexible on price too, I just want something good and that will be a noticable upgrade to the steelseries.

Associate
I had to replace my Arctis Pro wireless recently, I ended up just buying another pair after looking at the other options as they are now EOL they were pretty cheap. Have you messed around with the EQ in the steelseries app?

I tried the new Arctis Novas, didn't like the anc mic in the earpiece, it pressed into my ear and was uncomfortable.

Most don't have swappable batteries which was important, the Audeze Maxwell are meant to be decent but the reports of the planar drivers put me off - the sound quality is meant to be a nice step up though maybe worth a look?

Always thought the HyperX Clouds sounded OK, haven't tried the wireless versions though.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I had to replace my Arctis Pro wireless recently, I ended up just buying another pair after looking at the other options as they are now EOL they were pretty cheap. Have you messed around with the EQ in the steelseries app?

Well this could be embarasing, I didn't know there was an app for them, I've just been using them plug n play which is what I did when they were used on the PS5.

Associate
Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Associate
good to hear, I don't think there's a much better headset on the market at the moment.. subjective obviously.

Back
Top Bottom