Macrium + Azure (Veeam + AWS)

Associate
Trying to get up-to-speed with cloud alternatives to a home-based NAS, but a bit stuck at the "unknown unknowns" stage.

Is there a work-flow using Macrium or Veeam that automatically sends a weekly back-up to Azure or AWS from a few home and work PCs? This would be for a relatively small quantity (~200GB) of important long-term data - suitable for very cold storage: only needed if something else goes very wrong. It isn't for a stream-able movie collection!

Appreciate all the issues about corporate storage versus your very own NAS-set of HDD, but keen to have a straightforward off-site option.

Caporegime
We use Azure blob storage as the location for secondary jobs. It wouldn’t be difficult to schedule the secondary copy jobs to only run weekly. The primaries are however Hyper-V jobs and not Agent jobs.

Associate
OP
Thanks! And huh?

Is a secondary copy the copy of the backup?

What are the primaries?

I know what hyper-v is, but not what this agent is!

lcg

lcg

Associate
This is one for Veeam rather than Macrium. I know that at work Veeam secondary copy jobs are sent to AWS but I don't know the details of how to set this up.
I believe you can do this using Veeam Backup & Replication Community Edition, although there may be limitations.

I think with Macrium you would have to use an external script to copy the backup images which isn't ideal.
After doing some research, this can be done with Macrium Site Manager, but it's aimed at business and is prohibitively expensive.

I think Agent is referring to Veeam Agent. This is installed and runs on a PC, and after setting up and scheduling the backup job the agent will backup the PC.

Back
Top Bottom