Maximum working hours allowed per week?

Soldato
OP
AcidHell2 said:
there isn't, unless you use machinery ect, then it's 12hr shifts with a minimum 8hrs between.

That was what I thought, until someone told me about some new law? Fourty something hours I was told is the maximum allowed now. Any truth in this?

Soldato
OP
Reason I ask is, I currently work weekends only (16 hours), and am looking for weekday work now that I'm free, preferrably PT but I'd also do FT if something came up. How many hours would I be allowed to work though, could I do a normal FT mon-fri job?

Soldato
OP
semi-pro waster said:
That is the Working Time Directive as already mentioned by AcidHell2, you are automatically included in the maximum 48hr/week provision unless you opt out but many companies make you opt out when you sign your contract. However you can (with a months notice) opt back in at any time and they cannot legally fire you for it - doesn't mean they won't fire you but they might dress up the reasons a bit. ;)

Soldato
OP
AcidHell2 said:
yes you can do as many hours as you like, if you opt out. unless your using machinery in which case it's 12hr shifts with 8hrs rest.

Nice one mate. Just for the record I do not wish to work every hour God sends :eek: Part time hours would be ideal really.

Back
Top Bottom