Maxtra+ Replacement water filters

Soldato
As the title.
Just ordered a box of 6 replacement Maxtra+ filters and was wondering if anyone else buys the makers filter or do you buy after market ones.
If so do you think they are as good as the original.?

Man of Honour
I can't say I have noticed any difference between them when I have used compatibles before. I am using Aqua Optima Evolve+ cartridges in my Brita at the moment because Lidl had three packs for £6 last year and then as a Brucie bonus I got a couple of packs in the 1/3 off bin as well so I have a couple of years worth of those. I also got a couple of 6 packs of the Maxtra+ filters in Lidl when they had them for £11.99 last year.

Soldato
OP
I had my last pack from that Lidl offer last year. If I remember right they were real Brita filters. There again at my age I can't remember much from yesterday.

Soldato
I use FilterLogic filters from Amazon, they're far cheaper than original and have good reviews. I'm not sure how to compare these though, other than the price. :)

Soldato
I use to use the maxtra+ ones but came across the amazons own branded ones. Much cheaper and worked just as well, at least I think, don’t notice a difference really in the taste of the water in my bottle a few hours later.

Soldato
OP
I have one of those car wash clean water filters and tester came with a water tester.

So I tested the tap water at 297 dirty bits
Then tested old Matra+ that has been in ages at 229 DB

Then tested the new filter put in today and it was 227 DB

So it looks like you can keep them in for longer than you think.

It does work at getting rid of the chemical smell from tap first thing in morning.

Back
Top Bottom