Microsoft 365 question

Soldato
I have a single user Microsoft 365 tenant with the Business Premium plan. I now want a separate dedicated email address (not an alias) so I wonder if I signed up for an Exchange Online Plan 2 license and just gave it to the second user would that be OK?

I'm leaning towards Plan 2 but would be interested to hear if anyone thought Plan 1 was the better option.

Soldato
Why do you want plan 2? start with plan 1 then upgrade to 2 if you hit the 50GB limit.

To answer your question yes by the additional licence and assign it to the new user.

Soldato
Only real advantage of 'Plan 2' is DLP but otherwise as @Glanza mentions, if you just need vanilla Exchange/mail then grab a 'Exchange Online (Plan 1)' license for that new user/mailbox and upgrade (to 'Plan 2') if/when you need to.
If you need OneDrive, various Microsoft web apps then 'Business Basic' is what you'll need.

Soldato
OP
Why do you want plan 2? start with plan 1 then upgrade to 2 if you hit the 50GB limit.

To answer your question yes by the additional licence and assign it to the new user.

Only real advantage of 'Plan 2' is DLP but otherwise as @Glanza mentions, if you just need vanilla Exchange/mail then grab a 'Exchange Online (Plan 1)' license for that new user/mailbox and upgrade (to 'Plan 2') if/when you need to.
If you need OneDrive, various Microsoft web apps then 'Business Basic' is what you'll need.
Thank you both. DLP and archive were the two features I liked in Plan 2. I can use the desktop apps and everything from my main account which is business premium so I should be OK.

Back
Top Bottom