Mini 8U wheeled exclosure

Soldato
Has anyone used one of these by Digitus or Samson or similar that can take say 400mm deep kip in their 460mm depth enclosure?

I dont really want an fully open rack like those made my startech etc as I want it to at least look reasonably clean given its going to be on view.

My concerns are cooling/heat retention more than anything.

Kit to go in
- Ubiquiti Dream Machine Pro (will be using this for the CCTV/NVR function too)
- Trendnet TPE-TG182 switch (Needs modding, fan sounds terrible)
- 1U brush strip
- 1U 24 port patch panel to cover both the DMP and switch
- 1U 8 port 16amp switchable/monitoring by port intelligent PDU
- 3U 88TB Storage server/NAS running 5950x and a2000 for a bit of AI play, VMs etc

Will having a funny open read and the basic vents on the sides be enough here or am I asking for trouble?

I could rear mount the PDU behind the switch and ditch the brush strip for a pair of vented 1U panels should I need to but outside of this my options are very limited.

Caporegime
Not wheeled, but you could easily fit castors to it, I’ve got a Linxcom 12U (they also do a 6U and a 9U):

img_2322.jpg

Seem decent quality and not too expensive. I added optional 2x120mm fans to the top (silent, running at 5v from USB), and nothing comes close to overheating.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
The depth is the issue with these, space is a very limiting factor so I need the enclosure to be as close to the dimensions of the deepest part being fitted to the unit as possible. I mean I wouldn’t mind something as shiney and clean as that but it just isn’t going to happen any time soon I don’t think.

Back
Top Bottom