Minisforum BD770i/BD790i versus DeskMini X600 / 8700G

Associate
I was looking at buying a Deskmini X600 with 8700G. However I've just seen the BD770i from Minisforumn which give a system for a similar price (need case & PSU). Or even a DB790i for a small uplift.

Looking at the few benchmarks I can find, the 7745HX seems to be the faster chip for compute ? I'm not too concerned with graphics as I won't be playing games on this system.

So what are the pro's & con's between these two ?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Mainly development work. Basically a mix of dev tooling plus Postgres / MongoDB / Kubernetes / RabbitMQ etc. Running a full up cloud application but locally for test & development

Fast storage for the database would be nice and lots or memory, 64GB+

Associate
If graphics dont concern you, why go for the 8700G? Any of the Ryzen AM5 chips have a basic IGP baked in, that will be enough for windows desktopy stuff.

************ lists the Ryzen 9 7900 for around £30 more, but your getting 4c/8t more CPU power, bucketloads more cache, and ECC support (potentially useful for the application/use case you mention).

As the X600 takes 4 sticks of desktop sized ram, that will also save you a chunk of money, over 2 sticks of laptop DDR5.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
case you mention).

As the X600 takes 4 sticks of desktop sized ram, that will also save you a chunk of money, over 2 sticks of laptop DDR5.
Are you sure ?

From the reviews I looked at the x600 takes so dimm memory not desktop and has 2 slots.

Apologies Just checked Asrock and your correct so confusing .

Last edited:
Soldato
I was looking at buying a Deskmini X600 with 8700G. However I've just seen the BD770i from Minisforumn which give a system for a similar price (need case & PSU). Or even a DB790i for a small uplift.

Looking at the few benchmarks I can find, the 7745HX seems to be the faster chip for compute ? I'm not too concerned with graphics as I won't be playing games on this system.

So what are the pro's & con's between these two ?

Check this but I believe the 8600G has the compute but much cheaper iGPU so maybe that will be an option.

Associate
Are you sure ?

From the reviews I looked at the x600 takes so dimm memory not desktop and has 2 slots.

Apologies Just checked Asrock and your correct so confusing .

Nope, your correct. I'm familiar with the Deskmeet, as I've built one for a friend. Didn't realise/see that the forum post said Deskmini. Silly ASRock using very similar names for 2 products.

Associate
Hmmm, good idea. I would need an ITX board with two video outputs though ?

If the X600 is going to be similar to the existing X300 (Assuming now you *MEAN the Mini X600 NUC style one, and not the Meet X600 Minitower), the X600 would have 1x HDMI, 1x DPort and 1x DSub.

Mind you, I remember waiting around for the original X300, it got paper launched, then released in Asia, never seemed to pop up on the chinese web-stores that the forums would block me from naming, and took about an extra year before it was generally availible in Euro, and by that time AMD had already announced AM5, marking the X300's failure to launch :(

Back
Top Bottom