Monitor Help Needed

Associate
Can anyone out there help me plesae, I need a new monitor 24 inch, I don't do gaming.
I need it for office work ie word processing spreadsheets etc. but I do like to watch movies also, would a 6ms be good enough or will I get ghosting?

Associate
6ms is good enough if you're not gaming (and probably even for gaming for most people). What sort of stand adjustments do you want (height/pivot)? Also do you want 1080p (1920x1080) or 1440p (2560x1440) resolution? A higher resolution is nice working with busy spreadsheets but it's quite small on a 24" screen unless you have good eyesight

Last edited:
Associate
Can anyone out there help me plesae, I need a new monitor 24 inch, I don't do gaming.
I need it for office work ie word processing spreadsheets etc. but I do like to watch movies also, would a 6ms be good enough or will I get ghosting?
What's your budget? what resolution would you like?

I'd recommend at least a 120hz monitor regardless of resolution.

Associate
OP
PaulM and Personality+

Thank you for your replies guys, if I buy a 24 inch monitor it will not be my main source for watching movies I do have a 48 inch TV for that, but occasionally I may watch a movie on the monitor especially if my other half is already watching something which I’m not too interested in or it could be videos on how to pull the car apart, I don't think she'd be too interested in that.

Price wise I’d go up to say £160, as I said I don’t need it for gaming, and I need something which will sit on my desk.

I still have the old type set up ie. Computer Tower, Separate Keyboard, Monitor, Mouse, External Speakers and all hard wired.

The monitor which has just packed up on me was a Samsung S23B550V ie. 23 inch.

I had thought maybe replacing it with a 27 inch but being sat around 20 - 24 inches from it I was wondering if it would be too big in other words to view the complete screen my head will have to turn as though I’m watching a tennis match if you get my drift :)

Looking on the spec of the Samsung it says it was 2.0ms response not that I was aware of it at the time, I just bought it plugged it in, end of story.

I know there was no ghosting on it and as long as I don’t get ghosting on the replacement, I don’t care what the response time is.

The resolution on the Samsung was 1920 x 1080 and I think 60Hz

To be honest guys all this is over my head, I guess things have moved on a hell of a lot since I last bought a monitor, at least you now know what I need it for and how far away it will be from my eyes and watching the occasional movie, videos on cars (not gaming, more like taking the things apart and hoping it still runs once its back together :) plus the odd spreadsheet and word documents all personal stuff really.

So, what do you suggest wound suit my needs and if you’d like to post one or two links if that’s allowed I’d certainly appreciate it and thanks again guys for taking the time to reply.

Associate

Just make sure when you get any of the monitors you go into windows display settings and change the refresh rate to the advertised speeds :) you'll enjoy the desktop experience that much more with it running at 160hz everything will be smoother and more responsive on screen :)

I just picked out, some decent options for around your budget, while giving you a performance boost from what you owned before.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom