• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

MSI GTX580 Twin Frozr II vs Lightning

Associate
Hey,

I'm looking to get one of these cards but cannot decide on which.

There isnt really much difference in price between them so no worries there the thing im interested in are the noise levels.

I have read all the reviews I can find around the net and tbh there is some conflicting info, some reviews say they are both really quiet and others say the lightning is loud.

Does anyone have a Lightning that would mind chipping in a sentence to give me your thoughts? Ideally comparing it against any other cards that you have heard under load.

I currently have an aftermarket Palit GTX470 (the two orange fans version) and would really like to know whether I'm going to notice a difference in noise compared to that.

Plus what kind of overclocks can you get out of each card, I know the Lightning is a pure overclocking card but it seems a lot of the fuctions are for LN2 cooling and I would only be using the stock air cooler.

tyvm :)

Associate
OP
Cheers for the reply,

Coming from a GTX470 which still at 80c in game with a custom fan profile which is pretty loud I'm hoping it will be on a similar level just not louder.

Associate
OP
Well I paid the extra and got the Lightning and I'm very happy with it.

I have it sat at 900mhz without any voltage increase and it idles at 37c.

Under heavy load I cant get it above 65c, general gaming rarely does it hit 60c with my custom fan profile which is quieter than my previous GTX470.

Overall well happy.

Cheers for your input :)

Back
Top Bottom