New for 2010 - GP3

Capodecina
Soldato
Wikipedia said:
The GP3 Series car will be a standardised car used by all of the competing teams.

Chassis - The car will be designed and built by Dallara, who currently produces the GP2 chassis.
Engine - GP3 will use a 280HP engine developed by Renault.
Gearbox - GP3 will use a 6 speed longitudinal sequential Hewland gearbox.
Tyres - Pirelli will supply tyres for GP3, rather than Bridgestone, the suppliers for GP2.
Other parts - GP2 supplier Brembo will manufacture the brakes.

Martin Brundle gets back behind the wheel as he puts the new GP3 Series car through its paces at Le Castellet. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8369021.stm)

Should be interesting . . .

Soldato
They sound really good (the engines), i got the impression brundle was actually considering giving it a go racing one (from the commentary in the bbc video) though i think thats just wishful thinking really

Caporegime
The GP2 series is always great fun at F1 weekends, often offering better racing. At the GPs ive been too where there have been other single seater support races (formula BMW, Formula 3, etc) they have always been good too. I think GP3 will support F1 at all the european rounds, so should be some good racing and get some decent TV coverage too.

Associate
Do they show GP2 on TV? I've never seen it before and when Hamilton burst onto the F1 scene it got me interested in seeing where he came from.

Would be nice if I could watch F1, GP2 and GP3. :p

Soldato
Do they show GP2 on TV? I've never seen it before and when Hamilton burst onto the F1 scene it got me interested in seeing where he came from.

Would be nice if I could watch F1, GP2 and GP3. :p

Its moved about a bit. Eurosport used to show it live, then it moved to ITV4 for last year, then Setanta bought the rights. After they folded it went back to being live on Eurosport.

Caporegime
Yeah GP" used to be live on Eurosport and the coverage was very good. Its also got highloghts on other channels. Setanta had this season but went bust so Eurosport picked up the last few races. I would expect to see GP2 back on Eurosport next year with atleast 1 of the 2 races per weekend live. I would expect GP3 to follow it there, although possibly not live, but still good.

Back
Top Bottom