New PC build just dead

Man of Honour
OP
All sorted. The USB connector that was causing the original issue is no longer causing an issue. The new fans are now installed in the correct orientation and are also now detectable in Fan Control unlike the last lot. They also look even better, I'm almost tempted to add a set on the bottom.

that particular connector is keyed one way, if you install it wrong you can damage the small plastic tab inside on the motherboard side and create a ground short which will stop any pc from powering on. Did you plug it back in and flip it the other way or leave it unplugged?

I think you are right, it wasn't that obvious on the connector, but turning it around seems to have worked.

I see you've fixed it, what was the actual problem then? (Cba to read the whole thread)
*Did you get a Corsair case sticker with yours? I never got one. Spending £100 on a PSU they could at least have put a bloody sticker in there lol.

See above. No, don't think I got a sticker.

Now for some gaming!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
They also look even better, I'm almost tempted to add a set on the bottom.

I couldn’t resist :D (usually run them in purple though)

I’ve settled on leaving the sound card in for now, but reducing the wiring by replacing the led strip on the bottom with another set of the Phantek fans. Love these things. I’ve also finally sorted the fan profiles, what I thought was registering as the exhaust fan in FanControl was in fact the CPU fans, oops. A bit of fiddling later we got there. Now for some Helldivers!

No wonder it was idling at 50C after gaming. The fan curve had the CPU fans off at that temperature.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom