NFL 2021 Season

Associate
Hahah certainly would be a draft party dampening moment for hotlanta fans . Plenty of talent left at the top of round 2 so would expect to see some more trades flying about tonight
It's hard not to understand the anger though.

Loads of people keeps mentioning Jordan Love at GB but that feels like apples to oranges. GB were fairly stacked, with Rodgers coming to the end of his time, newish GM/HC with a history of being successful at transitioning QB. And it was a late 1st rounder (22). This is a top ten-pick, $100m guaranteed paid to Kirk over 3 seasons Penix being 24 years old (2 weeks) with an injury history. You also get no benefit of the rookie salary cap at QB - given the money you've paid to Cousins. It feels like a team so burnt by QB purgatory that it's blundered really bad. Either back Cousins or get an actual bridge QB so you can allocate that $90m on defensive players you need.

Of course if Penix does successfully play in Atlanta then all of that goes out the window and certainly the successful transition of Love is being touted as proof this can work. But it's hard not to imagine this is either a really bold move that pays off or a really dumb move that doesn't pay off. No in-between. Going to be interesting to see how this one plays out.

Soldato
The consensus on this 1st round is (to me) Is why all the fuss & head scratching about The Falcon's 1st round choice? MP JR. seems a pretty good choice to me. I'm satisfied that my team (Vegas) picked a TE (quite aware hes a 2 time NCAA FBS Champ) to replace Hunter Renfrow.

Associate
The consensus on this 1st round is (to me) Is why all the fuss & head scratching about The Falcon's 1st round choice? MP JR. seems a pretty good choice to me. I'm satisfied that my team (Vegas) picked a TE (quite aware hes a 2 time NCAA FBS Champ) to replace Hunter Renfrow.

I think in part it's a story because it was the only real surprise that stood out. A lot of the first top-10 pick were predictable and not many big-trades happened. And it has that 'drama' element that media will love reporting on.

Penix Jr is clearly talented and could be a very good choice for ATL and the discussion isn't really about him, but more the $180m they committed to Cousins not long ago.

Soldato
1st NFL draft in 41 years that 6 QB's picked in the 1st round, 3 of them in the hall of Fame (Marino, Elway & Kelly) I wonder if looking back 20 years from now, how many of this crop will end up in there. I may not be around to see that.

Associate
They shafted Cousins and opened a can of worms in the locker room. Things could derail quickly in ATL if they don't get off to a good start

Associate
I do like to study the draft but when it comes to Day 3 I have no idea who's who. Draft throwing on the injury guys, physical specimens and delinquents. Gl to your teams

Back
Top Bottom