noble chair has broke

Soldato
Hi
my noble chair is way out of warranty . I am guessing something has snapped inside the seat so it is probably not going to be fixable but just curious if anyone knows the guts of the chair and can maybe tell me I am wrong.

when I lean back on the chair the chair goes back.

when I push the back, the whole part around the adjustment lever including part of the chair seat ittself moves. the lever also only locks in 1 position.. this position would actually be acceptable if it were not for the fact that it moved even when locked in place.
not sure I am explaining myself very well.

if anyone here has opened one of these chairs up do you have any idea if fixable? thanks.

Soldato
OP
Is it the seat part that has kind of snapped/bent?

Mine did this, managed to get a replacement from them it took ages though.
yeah I think so. but it's something inside the seat as from the outside it looks ok.

thanks for your reply. I doubt it will be under warranty. seat must be 4 or 5 years old

Last edited:
Associate
I just bought a new chair base from them it wasn’t that cheap tho and took a while.

I sourced a Hero locally to tide me over, where are you based?

Soldato
Wow thats nasty.

I have a bad history with office chairs. (executive style).

The ones I can remember.

Plastic legs snapping twice on two different chairs (now only buy chrome legged chairs).

Bolt securing arm rest to back snapping clean in half with it stuck in back of chair, managed to get new back of chair and bolts sent out to me at about 2/3 the cost of buying a new chair, then same thing happened again within a year, wondered what material bolts were made off, I noted these arm rests were only secured via one bolt at back and one one seat (so now only buy chairs with two bolts in each position, 4 total).

All chairs I have purchased leather starts wearing away within a few months and usually within a year I see bare patches of whats underneath, the leather on all these chairs is barely as thick as paper, I havent been able to find non leather chairs for sale unless they basic small chairs.

Current chair, the bracket that goes between base of chair and gas pipe thing developed cracks which gradually got worse and worse and the chair ended up having a permanent tilted angle. Luckily I found a spare part sold on a certain website, it comes in two sizes, did the measurements, ordered the replacement, had to get some WD50 and use the hammer for a long time to get it off the gas thingy., I did take a photo of it if anyone is interested, but the crack was almost fully propagated. Noted new part has considerably thicker metal.

Now chair is all good again, just the really worn out leather.

Does anyone actually build chairs to last?

My chairs I purchased all costed about £200-£300 bracket, I probably would invest £500+ with a 10 year warranty and if I know I am paying for better quality, but is no way until using the product, and long warranties seem almost extinct now days.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thats a bad break!
Do you sit at an angle or anything like that?
Just wondering as got a HERO myself.
so whilst i am well under the max weight i am a bit of a tubster so that wont have helped......
so the chair started to fail a few months back... if i had to guess the spot weld may have failed on it.... this created movement and then again - at a guess - this put undue stress on the (imo pretty dam strong metal strut) and me constantly pulling the chair back forward may have acted like bending the metal forwards and backwards before it finally stapped..... (and it wasnt me sitting on it at the time :D )

with hind site i should have dismantled as soon as something was obviously going wrong with it...... that way a simple spot weld may have fixed it.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I spoke with my uncle, a blacksmith or he was. unfortunately his lungs are knackered and can barely breathe so was no way I could ask him to open up his workshop and weld my chair so I spoke with local garage and for £20 they offered to weld for me. I must admit after getting it home and looking it's not as welded up as I would like and the other side of the seat looks barely attached now after he straightened it out. damn shame. ,5 mins more work and it would be as strong as new.

anyway I put it together despite that and am now sat on it again. how long it will last who knows but it's better than buying a new chair if I can get another 12 months out of it for £20

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom