Not sure what hardware causing this: headphones have static and computer lags..

Associate
Specs:
ASRock Z590 Extreme
i7 11700kf
6700XT 12GB
64GB DDR4
m.2 SSD 7000MB/s for O/S
Sound is a Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro on a Fiio K5 ESS Pro. Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
AIO Liquid Cooler 360MM

I built the system a little over a year ago. Everything is cool. Hard drive reports good health.

So this happened about 4 months ago. I asked on Reddit (forget if I asked here) but out of nowhere the problem went away and I have no idea.

System worked fine last night.. I come home and there's static in my headphones and at the same time it makes things lag.

Browsing the web? Good to go. Play Counter Strike it's laggy as hell so bad you can't play. Other games lag too, but that's the game I play most.

YouTube? Videos stop playing but the sound still goes and it's full of static. Sometimes I can refresh the video, but the same thing happens. Sometimes the video flickers also.

I have all the latest updates.. I don't think there's a newer AMD driver. There is one new BIOS update which says "update intel microcode, update intel me, patch uefi logofail vulnerabilities". I may update that.

I just played music on Bandcamp and it sounds fine. So I refreshed YouTube and it played fine for a second, but the video froze and the sound kept playing.

This computer is the only source of entertainment I have.. so it serves gaming, tv viewing, music, etc.

Soldato
YouTube etc is using hardware acceleration, so using the gpu for playback. Sound is very sensitive to processing delays so if the gpu driver is causing the system to stutter and hang, the sound processing mucks up and sounds like static.

Back
Top Bottom