OC(UK) Host Review :-)

Caporegime
Hi all, what's a good host for a personal business website please? Need company email domain but there won't (currently) be huge storage requirements.

Probably going to snaffle both the .co.uk and .com.

I've heard about 20i - any advances on this?

Soldato
Thanks. Interesting, could I check how this works? Would the email be @microsoft.com rather than @<business name>.com?
Typically you would use your own domain name(s) although, in the case of Microsoft 365, you are given a subdomain of 'onmicrosoft.com' as well which is useful for testing.
And MS365 does offer trials (usually 30-days but some can be extended to 60-days) of their licenses and you only need to license physical mailboxes (in a typical setup this would be per user); shared mailboxes and distribution lists/groups aren't licensed but they need to be assigned to a licensed mailbox/user. Small Business licenses - https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/microsoft-365/business - 'Basic' is 50GB mailbox, 1TB OneDrive and online apps; 'Standard'/'Premium' also includes desktop MS Office suite apps and other features.

Google Workspace is similar.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Typically you would use your own domain name(s) although, in the case of Microsoft 365, you are given a subdomain of 'onmicrosoft.com' as well which is useful for testing.
And MS365 does offer trials (usually 30-days but some can be extended to 60-days) of their licenses and you only need to license physical mailboxes (in a typical setup this would be per user); shared mailboxes and distribution lists/groups aren't licensed but they need to be assigned to a licensed mailbox/user. Small Business licenses - https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/microsoft-365/business - 'Basic' is 50GB mailbox, 1TB OneDrive and online apps; 'Standard'/'Premium' also includes desktop MS Office suite apps and other features.

Google Workspace is similar.
Thank you, very helpful!

Back
Top Bottom