****Official Doom 4 Thread****

Associate
Ok so Doom 4 is near and I thought it was about time we made an official thread. Rumours are that Doom 4 will have a release date at Quakecon 2011; “..the Doom team are all sped up and working on this technology base – I’m not really at liberty to discuss much about it, but it’s going full steam ahead right now,” he added, along with this encouraging statement: “it shouldn’t take as long to ship as Rage. It’s already in the pipeline and we feel good about it.” - Taken from 2010 John Carmack interview, which basically means that Doom 4 is very near and that Quakecon 2011 should without doubt be showing previews of the game, either through a trailer or the ability to try it out at Quakecon 2011 or screenshots, or if not, we may have a Duke Nuken on our hands (never going to be built).

To add to the hype it seems that the storyline will be oriented around a hell on earth scenario (Doom 2 style baby), here’s a quote from a recent interview with actor Brad Hawkins: “[Filmmaker Mark Bristol] was very specific on the civilians having a certain personality and the military characters having a separate one as well. The body language of the civilians is less, well, “trained.” They carry their guns in a looser fashion and are a little sloppier when they run, a little more freestyle. The military characters are sharp as razors, with very swift moves, exact hand positioning and can turn on a dime.” - Id software hastily removed this interview when it was up, but some saved it (thankfully). So Doom 4 is going to be a win?

Discuss

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I just hope they make some of the environments a little more open with proper hordes of demons trying to attack you.

Would be cool if they made something like L4D but set in the Doom universe and storyline.
Perhaps, they said they were going away from very dark survival horror to try some new though.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
no the reason people are putting why is it a official thread is cause there isnt any news basically on the game so how can you have a official game lol.

its not even been said when its even going to be released. theres not one picture of it. so basically at least two years of this till actual data is known so in otherwords pointless thread at moment.

we might aswell start a crysis 3 thread with no data ;).
Lots will happen at Quakecon 2011, no doubt..

Associate
OP
I'm not sure if you guys are already watching Quakecon but there's a very nice coverage portal where you can catch a link to the stream, news, video and twitter updates regarding Quakecon and more importantly Doom 4. You can catch the coverage portal here.

Back
Top Bottom