Oh lordy what I have I just done!

Permabanned
I've had a drink - and me + ebay + drink = not good :/

I was ebay surfing and found this iPad 16gb Wifi listed. Someone in Glasgow. A one day listing, with 11hrs remaining. A picture that looks like its taken by the seller - not just generic Apple image, reason for selling is something to do with work supplying him with a tablet computer. Also a comment on there about being relisted because of time wasters. The big boohoo is the zero rate. Nothing bought or sold. Member since May 2008.

Anyway, rash decision - bought it now @ £279.00. Used Paypal and a credit card so hopefully if it goes belly up I can resolve it. Might come and bite me on the ass tho!.

Wish me luck :p

Permabanned
OP
An update for anyone who cares.

Sent 2 emails through eBay - no response.
Sent an email to the Paypal address provided about 10mins ago.
Noticed just now that the dispatched icon is highlighted on the eBay page. No actual tracking details provided though.
The seller has listed a used iPhone 3G and a copy of CS4 Suite for Mac as well at around the same time.

As far as money is conerned - from what you guys on here and some other guys on other forums are saying - it's pretty much a no-lose situation for me.

Until I have the thing in my hand, i remain skeptical.

Permabanned
OP
FYI - the advertisement for the iPhone he has listed says that local bidders can come and collect to save on postage costs if they wish. Perhaps adding an element of validity to my winning auction??

Permabanned
OP
Oooo I never saw that before. Interesting. Why would he use what look like pictures he has taken himself of an iPad?

Obviously, if it arrives and its not an iPad - I will simply just return it. That bit of info has certainly made me think :)

Permabanned
OP
The eBay account holder is a woman. The sale of the dyson vacuum says 'husband won this in a works raffle' and the name on the account is a womans name. The Paypal address is a blokes name on Yahoo.com.

Dunno if that has any significance :)

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Meh, but then again you could argue that the person doesn't actually realise what he/she is selling and could have mucked up the first listing, hence Archos/iPad thingie.

I dunno. I'm not gonna be hasty. I'll see what happens over next 24hrs.

Permabanned
OP
Well after another day of zero contact, I decided to start looking at what to do next. As said on here, its too early to open a dispute which is fine. What I was able to get though was the contact information of the seller. I got a mobile number and when ringing it, some bloke answered who had no idea who the seller was and that I have the wrong number.

Since I can't actually do anything I guess i'll wait another few days. :)

Ah well - guess ill end up buying the 32gb wifi+3g :p

Permabanned
OP
No need :)

Just got a refund back. Checked his account on eBay and there is someone who recently won a vacuum cleaner on there who has also had the same experience as me. He/she left neg feedback, as I have done.

Dunno what its all about. Maybe trying to scam some money not realising Paypal would never just release the funds?

Anyway - money is back with me now - so guess I will have to buy at full price :p

Permabanned
OP
Well today I took delivery of the 32gb wifi only iPad. Typing on it now. Very easy to type on! Paid 489.00 on eBay. Second hand, bought in USA but the listing says only ever used four times, and it shows! Not a mark on it.

Gonna get one of them 3 Mi-Fi thingies for access to the Internet out and about.

I recommend an iPad to anyone considering.

Permabanned
OP
Yeah it creates a wireless network and connects to a 3G network. Not sure why the Three network signal is going to be like around my area. Luckily it seems simple enough to make it so I could slap an O2 or Orange SIM in there.

On a note on using this. It's a dream. It's just a whole new way of using a computer. The flash thing may be an issue at some point, but so far its not too bad. I thunk eventually the iPad is going to be such a big thing that most people will offer HTML5 versions along side their flash versions.

So yes. So far 10/10 from me :)

Back
Top Bottom