Path of Exile(diablo clone)

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Got my first ever EoW Divine altar this morning. Came late in the map so only got 4d.

Then after work I got the devotion for "jewellery drops as divines from strongest pack". Allflamed it with rogue exiles, and every pack dropped 1-3d. Ended up with 40d.

And just now made my first decent sale from a pair of rog gloves, 2d.

Good things come in 3s :cool:

Soldato
Ugh, I must be the only POE player in existence who doesn't like DD, not having any fun with it, I can't get into a rythmn while playing. I find it clunky, having to keep casting Desecrate and he DD itself I find doesn't do that much damage so i'm waiting for the Vaal to come up and that's a pain to manage.

Then of course you get down to a boss and there's no souls left so it's slow as hell to take down with normal DD. Then I have a brand to manage and having to use another skill to compliment DD. At this stage of the game (early maps) I can't think of anything i've enjoyed less.

CoC DD is meant to be pretty decent also but that's for a different ascendancy.

Soldato
CoC DD is meant to be pretty decent also but that's for a different ascendancy.

Yeah I wouldn't level another DD tbh. I levellled with Armageddon Brand and it was better than this, so disapointing when you play a build you don't switch to until maps, and then you get there and it's awful to play.

Soldato
try hiero archmage, it's really versatile with several skills to use. Honestly the most fun build I've played in poe so far

I did intend for that to be my 2nd build (the goratha one), so I guess i'll cut this DD short I don't want to bother building and scaling something that is no fun to play. FB ele, PB, RF, Ex Trap, Lightning Arrow, PCOC, EA - all were great fun, really surprised a certified S/A tier archetype feels so bad, a week down the drain but there it is.

Soldato
I'm done with the league, just not enjoying it, league mechanic is too annoying to engage with and being unable to opt out of it during maps means if your character isn't strong your basically screwed.

Been playing ice nova heiro, but hit a brick wall in T16 maps, upgrades are godly expensive, could go back to lower tier maps but can't be arsed.

Soldato
I'm done with the league, just not enjoying it, league mechanic is too annoying to engage with and being unable to opt out of it during maps means if your character isn't strong your basically screwed.

Been playing ice nova heiro, but hit a brick wall in T16 maps, upgrades are godly expensive, could go back to lower tier maps but can't be arsed.

I'm going to keep playing for a good while yet, but after a banger league to be handed Necro right after is really jarring.

Not being able to opt out is a massive mistake, and you're right it's not fun to engage with, neither is the crafting mechanic, irrespective of the fact that some have created got tier items that doesn't make it a good system. It is convoluted, expensive and time consuming, the whole league is one I think that really overly favours people with endless time to play and work out these systems.

Can you imagine a month before the league if GG had said "We're bringing in a crafting system where you'll need to find anywhere form 60-88 items to craft a piece of gear" - the backlash would have killed it stone dead. Hilariously they also said they wanted to get uus out of our hideouts and playing the game...well we are in a way, we're on trade buying and selling corpses and then then playing gravedigger simulator.

Oh and LMB change bad.

Soldato
Sorta predicted that any league after Affliction was gonna be dead on arrival. As someone who has never got into the crafting side of POE this one is just wasted on me.

Went for bleed bow glad as my leage start havent even hit yellow maps yet and cant see me getting much further.

Every one cant be a winner so cant complain, my main worry would be them adding Necro to core. Do they normally update the atlas tree with seasonal mechanics? Just noticed a few atlas nodes in the passive tree for necro cant remember if they did that in affliction.

Soldato
Sorta predicted that any league after Affliction was gonna be dead on arrival. As someone who has never got into the crafting side of POE this one is just wasted on me.

Went for bleed bow glad as my leage start havent even hit yellow maps yet and cant see me getting much further.

Every one cant be a winner so cant complain, my main worry would be them adding Necro to core. Do they normally update the atlas tree with seasonal mechanics? Just noticed a few atlas nodes in the passive tree for necro cant remember if they did that in affliction.

No this was the first time they have done that, but neon did say its an experiment.

Associate
think it was very much to be expected. Wasn't really a fan of the affliction juicing myself, but can see how people loved it obviously.
saying that they really should bring a "which that was taken" type item / jewel to every league. personally i love the high variance / lottery uniques.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Div scarabs of curation are trading for 39d

Headhunters were 32d yesterday

Perfect tri ele spine bows are going for 1d

Economy is thoroughly goosed :cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
Div scarabs of curation are trading for 39d

Headhunters were 32d yesterday

Perfect tri ele spine bows are going for 1d

Economy is thoroughly goosed :cry:

Yep, tried my first T17 today, used all my chaos to roll mods that were not a complete brick. Used allflames of frogs/rats to make it easier. Went in, 6 portals later I had barely made it half way through the map. Gave up, done with this league. Yet I had killed uber exarch/eater, uber maven and uber cortex.

The top 0.1% and those running in groups are just destroying the economy for everyone else.

Last edited:
Associate
Well my Animate Guardian vanished after a disconnect, I sniped the gear for it early on items that people must not have known the value of. I bet the chest alone was worth 40+ divines at this point.

Any replacement stuff is going to be budget and feel rubbish in comparison now, I'm barely making any currency to upgrade myself so I think that's probably me done at this point.

A crap end to an underwhelming league.

Last edited:
Soldato
So they fixed the latest massive exploit/strat but of course it is already way to late as the economy is already totally broken. I live how people herald these "fixes" (especially streamers) as game-changing when they're actually not at all.

Soldato
have to say this is one of the funniest leagues I've seen, all the ups and downs, huge complaints etc

stopped playing last weekend even though I was enjoying it, just need a break from gaming for a week

I had 2 of those 30+d scarabs in stash, should have logged in last night and flogged them :cry:

The only hope I have is they don't gut the hiero archmage build as it's pretty unique and fun to play

Last edited:
Soldato
was meaning for next league, typically GGG nerfs in 3 ways when they nerf a build. If archmage gets that treatment it'll be dead for another X years

if they keep repeating the enhanced difficulty of leagues like current and last then we need more strong or meta league starters and not less really. This league would have been painful on certain builds

Last edited:
Associate
was meaning for next league, typically GGG nerfs in 3 ways when they nerf a build. If archmage gets that treatment it'll be dead for another X years

if they keep repeating the enhanced difficulty of leagues like current and last then we need more strong or meta league starters and not less really. This league would have been painful on certain builds
Yea, its a mess.
I quit for a while, went back with new patch was out.
dropped a mirror and did some icenova cast on frostbolt.
done all t17 bosses.

Back
Top Bottom