Peugeot 1.6 Petrol Won't Start - Help?

Soldato
I could do with some help please.

My sisters Peugeot 306 1.6 Meridian refuses to start, the starter motor solenoid was knackered and kept playing up intermitently so my dad removed it (along with the power from the battery)and left it in this state for a week whilst my sister sourced a recon motor.

He put the new starter on today. Fired up the car, it ran for a few seconds and died. Now it refuses to start at all, it turns over but doesn't seem to fire.

I'm almost convinced that the imobiliser has kicked in, according to the manual there is a chip in the keyfob which the car recognises.

Having the battery disconnected for a whole week might have caused this to lose recognition?

I'm baffled, Ideas please!

EDIT - This car has NO imobiliser panel to key in a code.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thanks, according to what I've read the imobiliser cuts the feed to the Coil Pack, Fuel pump and Injectors..

so I don't know where to begin! :o

Soldato
OP
Well its running now, I didn't get a proper chance to look at it yesterday as my dad was stressed to the max and told me to leave it alone, I popped the coil pack off then and checked two of the plugs, they weren't soaked so not much fuel getting in at all..

Closed the bonnet for the night read Biggles post on here this morning and went back out, shoved my head down the back of the engine and spotted the cable that Nomisof mentioned ;) (honest, didn't even see your post)

I put the wire back on and it runs! It must have ran for those few seconds as it was earthing on the block. Then I guess it rattled out the way and thats why the car cut.

Cheers all.. Lesson learnt.. don't let your father work on mechanical things anymore! hah

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom