• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Picking GPU !

Associate
I am finding it hard to Pick a GPU for my build , I will be getting the RX 7900 XTX or rtx 4080 super for the build, But i just don't know which one to get,

Soldato
If you can get the 4080 Super for under £1k I would get that. Near enough the same performance with raster but miles ahead when it comes to ray tracing and DLSS is far better then FRS (to be fair if I'm paying £1k for a GPU I wouldn't be looking to use any upscaling technology).

Man of Honour
I am finding it hard to Pick a GPU for my build , I will be getting the RX 7900 XTX or rtx 4080 super for the build, But i just don't know which one to get,
What do you use the PC for? Is it only gaming?

What resolution?

Do you play (or intend to play) with upscaling and ray tracing?

Associate
OP
What do you use the PC for? Is it only gaming?

What resolution?

Do you play (or intend to play) with upscaling and ray tracing?
they seem to be a lot of love for the 4080super here , 4k gaming on 4k tv , As a gamer i would say i play lots of different games. from new and even a few older games _ so i think i might get starfield next - forza horizon or any new release driving games . Might try god of war . I don't generally stick to just a few games like some people do .

Soldato
they seem to be a lot of love for the 4080super here , 4k gaming on 4k tv , As a gamer i would say i play lots of different games. from new and even a few older games _ so i think i might get starfield next - forza horizon or any new release driving games . Might try god of war . I don't generally stick to just a few games like some people do .
If you're just gaming then it doesn't really matter which one you pick. The 4080S is the slightly better card on balance for now at least, until AMD deliver on their promise of improving FSR, but then it's also more expensive. I wouldn't consider anything except the Founders Edition at £959 if you go that route. It's in stock right now, so there's zero reason to pay extra for another model. The cooler on the FE is already massively overbuilt since it's shared with the 4090.

Back
Top Bottom