Pixma Crystal VR

Associate
Could somebody help me please. I have recently purchased the Crystal but have problems with my AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX. The headset will not work with the graphic card, I have tried all that i can think off but to no avail. I have managed to get into the vr desktop but no further (Quality is brill). I went into the AMD software and found a few settings for VR, there is a list of VR Headsets but the Crystal is not mentioned. Also controllers do not work, I am in touch with both Pixma and AMD about this problem. I would really like to get this headset to work and if anyone can help me great. Thanks if you can help.

Associate
Have you tried removing the little extender box which the cable plugs in to on the headset? It comes out, it's just a display port M-F which can be removed. Try the wire direct to the headset rather than the box.
Then there was a thing with the breakout box which the power goes to. It has multiple USB sockets (1 black and 1 blue), on the Pimax discord they stated that plugging in both USB sockets caused issues and didn't advise people to do it and to just connect to the blue - even though the manual says otherwise.
Failing that, just don't use the breakout box at all and connect the headset cable USB direct to the PC.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Hi wickfut,
Thanks for your reply as to removing the little extender box that will be a no no in case I have to send the unit back.I have only used the blue usb and use a breakout box of my own which is more powerful. Have since found out that AMD is not a great lover of VR and looking at the VR on their drivers the list is about six sets from about 2 years ago. I got an e-mail from AMD a wee while ago asking for a report of what happened and have sent them all the details, Also been in contact with Pixma and waiting on a reply.

Associate
Thanks for your reply as to removing the little extender box that will be a no no in case I have to send the unit back.
Yeah it doesn't alter the warranty. You just pull off the front face gasket and you can access the DP connector and bypass the little extender box.
You can see it on this video at 25 seconds in.

It might just be a faulty headset. I returned 2x Crystals and didn't bother again. I could get a working VR image though. Good luck with it though, hope you bought it from Amazon.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Hello wickfut,

There is good news and more good news. After much trying and have now the headset working. I hope that AMD add the headset to their list on the driver software. I bought the headset from Pixma from their website and got it delivered in four days. Now to work in getting FS2020 (Favourite Flight Sim) up and running with the Crystal. I have it running on a Quest 3 no problems.

David

Associate
Hello wickfut,

There is good news and more good news. After much trying and have now the headset working. I hope that AMD add the headset to their list on the driver software. I bought the headset from Pixma from their website and got it delivered in four days. Now to work in getting FS2020 (Favourite Flight Sim) up and running with the Crystal. I have it running on a Quest 3 no problems.

David
The Pimax experience can be "interesting" but imo when u consider the headsets alone, they can be a lot of enjoyment. From what i've read, you won't get better than the Crystal's display for this side of £3k. I've had a few 8KX's and all 3 had issues with the cables, 1 of the casing cracked. But when working I liked it. I'm watching the 12K closely and hoping they have wifi sorted by then.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Sorry for taking so long but other things to do. Seemingly the Crystal is not compatable with my graphic card AMD RX 7900 XTX but after a lot of trial and error I have managed to get the Crystal working and the quality is outstanding. Hopefully AMD will fix it proper in a driver/firmware update. Thanks for your help.

Associate
Could somebody help me please. I have recently purchased the Crystal but have problems with my AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX. The headset will not work with the graphic card, I have tried all that i can think off but to no avail. I have managed to get into the vr desktop but no further (Quality is brill). I went into the AMD software and found a few settings for VR, there is a list of VR Headsets but the Crystal is not mentioned. Also controllers do not work, I am in touch with both Pixma and AMD about this problem. I would really like to get this headset to work and if anyone can help me great. Thanks if you can help.

I have a Pico 4 and not had to touch any of the AMD adrenalin setting to set it up, also the Pico 4 is not listed in the AMD VR settings. I have found it doesn't matter if it's not listed, it just works with the Pico software and steam VR.

Back
Top Bottom