Power Tools & General Tools Recommendations & Advice

Soldato
The little batteries get a lot of 'stick' for being not big enough but I really like them, they provide for a much better balanced tool than their larger cousins and they are more than big enough for DIY.

I only get the big ones out for the high draw tools like the circular saw, leaf blower, grinder etc.

I agree with you on that. Also, you can have two small batteries for the price of one large one, which means you can have one on charge all the time for the same cost.

Last edited:
Soldato
Get a robot mower instead and claim that part of your life back?

Seriously: they're worth every damn penny.

At what size garden does a robot become a necessity?

I estimate our garden to be around 100 sq/m, so really shouldn't take me long to mow, but as I don't own a mower currently, as we're only just about to seed for the first time, I'm in the market for equipment!

Caporegime

A necessity? Pretty big. We have 1800m2 in total, although not all of that is going to get mowed, maybe 1000m2 or so?, so it makes a huge difference. But, personally, I'd get one for anything bigger than a postage stamp if I moved again. You can get smaller, cheaper robots designed for smaller gardens, although obviously not every space is going to be suitable but having the lawn constantly.

I estimate our garden to be around 100 sq/m, so really shouldn't take me long to mow, but as I don't own a mower currently, as we're only just about to seed for the first time, I'm in the market for equipment!

Even if it doesn't take all that long, you still need to do it. You still get a messy looking lawn while it's waiting to be done. And you still get the noise and disruption of a mower for everyone else. If you're the kind of person who likes doing garden then the robot free up your time to do the more fun stuff, and if you're not then it frees you from a tedious chore.

Plus, watching the little chap (we call ours the Grün Reaper) blunder around always make me smile :p

Last edited:
Soldato

Any size really - it grows like mad during summer so it avoids a weekly mow. The long grass shades the shorter grass and kills it off, so it is critical to keep on top. Robo-mowers just remove the human malaise from the equation :D

Soldato
Just picked this up and did a test run. Well it’s seems I don’t have any grass just moss and weeds!!! I just about got out of the shop with wallet intact after playing with the Milwaukee lawnmower!!

I get so much moss on my back lawn that I get ferns spontaneously growing out of it. First thing every year I have to rake the heck out of it before the grass has any chance at all.

Associate
Bought myself a milwaukee M18FCHS chainsaw plus a 8Ah high output battery. The saw is impressive but I found on my first use the battery overheated after fairly continuous use.
Now I was thinking to get more milwaukee garden tools, strimmer, hedge cutter, etc. with the Quick lock head thing. But I'm wondering if they will all overheat the batteries. Anyone got any experience with these tools?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom