Printer cuts off bottom of text sometimes?

Soldato
I have an HP 2575 printer that has been fine up until the last few days or so. When it prints it sometimes cuts off the bottom half of text for no apparent reason. All HP drivers are installed and I just ran HP Update which downloaded an update for it.

I've tried running through the cleaning and alignment process via the little LCD display on the printer itself and have also ran through the more thorough cleaning process within the Windows printer properties. But it still cuts off the bottom of text.

It was working perfectly well before yesterday as I said. Any suggestions as to why its doing this and how to fix it before I take it out to the garden and set fire to it?.

Ta. :)

Soldato
OP
LOL!!!. I know what you mean. This thing seems to have a mind of it's own whilst my other printer, an old HP1100A Laser printer has never given me an ounce of problems ever. :)

Anyway, I checked the settings and it is set to A4. Didn't think it would be anything different as the printer used to work perfectly well, its only been the last couple of days its been doing this. As far as where the "cut-off" is happening, its weird. It can print most of the text on a page fine but at some point usually near the end of the page the letters themselves are missing the bottom 1/3 of the printed text. It's not that the last few lines or paragraph is missing completely, its the actual letters themselves missing a wee bit.

Strangely, when I print a test page or clean and align the printer heads the pages it spews out look fine with none of this behaviour evident. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom