Pro Cycling Thread 2023

Soldato
Yeah, I've never really understood why this isn't tried more often on a sprint stage. Sprinters win because it's boiled down to who has the best 10 second power... (okay, and the best positioning and lead out perhaps) so change it to be who has the best 1 or 2 minute power. Unfortunately, they didn't get it quite right. I remember G doing it from 1km out a couple of years back though and he did get it right and won.

Soldato
The parcours made it possible today - usually the pace is kept so high that attacking off the front is very hard if not impossible. Without that climb putting the sprinters on the limit then there is no chance that Honoré gets that gap.

I thought it was awesome that Pogacar and Thomas were willing to give it a go today though. Apparently tomorrow has a short climb near the finish but I doubt they’ll get the same freedom.

Soldato
OP
The parcours made it possible today - usually the pace is kept so high that attacking off the front is very hard if not impossible. Without that climb putting the sprinters on the limit then there is no chance that Honoré gets that gap.

I thought it was awesome that Pogacar and Thomas were willing to give it a go today though. Apparently tomorrow has a short climb near the finish but I doubt they’ll get the same freedom.
Making it good to watch that's for sure, good to see G going with Pog and making a go of it. Today's stage was fantastic at 60km as it all split up and then the finish!

Back
Top Bottom