QNAP NAS Painfully slow and unusable from Windows 11

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
Hey Guys,

I've just started using my QNAP TS-230 again, I've not used it in well over a year but decided to dust it off and attempt to backup all our phone photos to it. Anyway...

Trying to login in to the web interface or access the share through file explorer is just painfully slow and unusable, it was working fine before so I assume it's something to do with one of the windows updates. Has any one else run in to this issue before and can point me in the right direction please?

I should also mention, the QNAP mobile apps all work fine and also the web interface from my MBP, this is how I'm currently managing it, but would like to use my Win 11 machine to transfer some file across and just can't right now :(

Last edited:
Soldato
@Zaf Now I could be totally wrong on this but wasn't smb v1 or something disabled in windows 11. Pretty sure I read that some nas's need it turning on, so might be worth looking into that area as an idea.

Reactions: Zaf

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
OP
I'm not sure why but turns out the issue was with my Adtran router supplied by BeFibre. I've now setup a Deco XE75 Pro and it's back to working again!

It's strange that the issue was with the wired connection but worked fine over wifi :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm not sure why but turns out the issue was with my Adtran router supplied by BeFibre. I've now setup a Deco XE75 Pro and it's back to working again!

It's strange that the issue was with the wired connection but worked fine over wifi :confused:
weird is the adtran 10/100 instead of 10/100/1000 ethernet maybe?

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
OP
weird is the adtran 10/100 instead of 10/100/1000 ethernet maybe?
It was showing as 100 until I changed the cat5 cable and then started showing as 1000.

I’ve not plugged the Adtran back in to go through the settings to figure it out, I’m keeping with the Deco now and it’s working so all is good :)

The Adtran will live the rest of its days in the loft lol

Back
Top Bottom