Quickest and easiest way to get a micro-sim

Soldato
Hi all,

Bought an iphone 4 yesterday and forgot that they use a micro sim. Frustrated because I wanted to use the phone I waited until today to call Orange to see if they have the sim's in the shop. They do not and I have to order one from online, which currently can't find where. I don't want to cut the sim myself either. I have seen these sim cutters which look great, but I don't want to have to spend the money on just this one use cut.

What are the recommendations? Realistically I want to get the phone up and running today.

Soldato
OP
When I was with Orange, I just walked in to the local shop and asked, they transferred all my info to a microsim and it only cost £15

to be honest, I wouldn't want to pay £15 to have my data transferred because Apple want to use an oddly shaped sim, should be done for free in my opinion as you are a customer.

Soldato
OP
when i got my Iphone i went into the 3 shop and they had the sim cutters there just did it for me no questions asked.. I guess you could try the orange shop? Failing that they might have them in carphone warehouse or phone's4u shops like that.

Yeah i've tried to call around a few phone shop. I see them everywhere but when I really want one they can't be found. I'm sure i'l find one. Just a bit of an inconvenience with this sim. I may just cut it myself.

Soldato
OP
ended up calling Orange to order a new one. Will be here soon :(

If I was to put someone elses sim into the phone to activate it now is this advisable? Or should I wait to put my sim into it to activate it.

Soldato
OP
I'd just cut your own SIM to be honest. You have a new one coming anyway!

Using someone else's wont hurt though if you're mega desperate. I'd rather not myself, but I'm a bit weird about things like that.

True I could cut the sim down but if incorrectly done would leave me without a phone lol :D

But yeah if I put someone elses Sim in it would always feel like its registered to them or something similar. Why does a Sim even need to be put in to activate it anyway?

Soldato
OP
So I used the template and cut down the sim. Works in the phone fine, but only 2 bars of signal compared to full signal before. Could be a phone issue though.

*edit, 3G was on so it was lower signal, turned it off seems to be better now*

Soldato
OP
My new fully working purchase!!

Picked it up for a bargain of £240 for a 16gb iphone 4

outwitholdlr.jpg

Soldato
OP
Awww your old one looks sad, the unloved phone from the old phone recycling adverts...

he has been trusty and placed in the book of records with me. Had it for nearly 3 years, just got too slow to bare. Not replaced, he just had some rare candy and evolved.

Back
Top Bottom