Remapping worth it?

Associate
Just got me a Jaguar XF S 3L. Considering remapping as apparently it helps with fuel economy. Anyone have experience of this? Never done it myself and it seems you get more power too but I'm worried about parts wear etc as she already has quite a bit of torque.

Superchips have a sale on £225

Last edited:
Associate
OP
It might technically, it won’t realistically. You’ll be driving quicker all the time, hence using more fuel.

Easier way to improve economy is keeping tyres inflated properly and accelerating/driving more smoothly.
I drive like an old lady most of the time these days. Just like the idea of making the car even snappier and maybe maintaining the MPG
Just got a new Polo GTI , 207PS I think.

I'm tempted to have remap, which one would you recommend? I like VUDU Performance, stage 1 around 260 BHP..that's a huge jump even without any hardware modification.

The only issue is that (I think) the Polo GTI is one-wheel drive (front) so I think it wouldn't handle 260bhp.

Thanks
1 wheel drive? I didn't know that was a thing.:p
Lots of great comments, thanks guys. Still not sure if it's a good idea, I need to find somewhere semi local that does it properly and get a price. This is the first car I've had with a spring in it's step since my Impreza nearly 20 years ago, I think I'm rediscovering the 90's boy racer in me:D

Back
Top Bottom