reservoir and hard pipe sizing?

Associate
Bit the bullet yesterday and started ordering parts for the new pc I am building to upgrade my youngest's somewhat adequate but ageing gaming pc.

Couple of questions to get me started:

Case is the lian li o11d midi, decided from my previous thread! Will have 2 x 360mm radiators (top/bottom) and cooling CPU and GPU (13600k and GPU undecided, probably 3070ti).

First question is, will the following res be up to the job/not look too small in this case?

EK Water Blocks EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 160 DDC PWM D-RGB Pump / Reservoir Combo​

Second is, and i guess it is subjective? what size (hard) pipes do people typically go for? I'll be aiming to use as many bends as possible to reduce 45/90 connectors

D

Associate
If I had the space I would go for a D5 variant. Which also can have PWM function.
I'd also go for a D5.

As for how it'll look in the case, try one of the part picking websites (Didn't realise the website was starred out) and seeing if anyone has your case with whichever pump / res combo you like the look of.

Hard piping is subjective, just make sure your fittings fit the pipe diameter you choose. Personally, for a large case I'd go with 16mm, for a smaller case (itx) I'd go with 12.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I'd also go for a D5.

As for how it'll look in the case, try one of the part picking websites (Didn't realise the website was starred out) and seeing if anyone has your case with whichever pump / res combo you like the look of.

Hard piping is subjective, just make sure your fittings fit the pipe diameter you choose. Personally, for a large case I'd go with 16mm, for a smaller case (itx) I'd go with 12.
Thanks, I went for the pump i listed above in the end as got a deal that was too good to turn down.

Also went for soft tubing as i just couldn't justify they extra cost of hard tubing, I think it turned out alright in the end. Looks good, almost silent, and keeps everything very cool.

This is an old pic as I have sorted the GPU power cable out now so no longer a mess.

if i could change anything (and I will when do at some point in the future) it would be moving the drain to the rear and adding a 90 degree bend to the output of the GPU so that the tube from that to the bottom rad is straighter.

pntmelIap

Back
Top Bottom