Restoring WiFi Connections

Soldato
Hi guys,

I switched devices last night, Xiaomi to Samsung, and I've just noticed that none of my previous WiFi connections have copied across? I'm assuming Bluetooth as well because I had to repair my car stereo and earphones this morning.

I used Smart Switch and everything appeared to be successful. I still have my old device so nothing is lost. Any ideas how I could target just the previous connections to copy across from a backup?

Thanks.

Soldato
Usually your Google account should also backup your saved networks, and when you're signing in to your new phone, during the setup process there should've been a restore prompt. Not sure if there's a way to bring this up again after the new phone is up and running. One painful way, if MIUI allows it, is to share the WiFi networks via QR code, then use the Samsung's camera app to save it, but it'll have to be one at a time.

BT won't transfer over as it needs new pairing keys between devices.

Soldato
OP
Usually your Google account should also backup your saved networks, and when you're signing in to your new phone, during the setup process there should've been a restore prompt. Not sure if there's a way to bring this up again after the new phone is up and running. One painful way, if MIUI allows it, is to share the WiFi networks via QR code, then use the Samsung's camera app to save it, but it'll have to be one at a time.

BT won't transfer over as it needs new pairing keys between devices.
Thanks, yeah, thought as much. A job for the weekend then, I've been reading up this morning, by all accounts there a quite a few issues with the Smart Switch app. I'll probably give it a miss next time.

Back
Top Bottom