Sacked...by TEXT?!

Associate
A friend of mine was working for an estate agency in London (not sure which one, but the workplace isn't really relevant).

The boss lady never really took to him (his words). He tried to push his commitment up a notch; getting some clients in and trying to make an effort.

Two days later, he gets a text basically telling him that he was sacked. Reason? He'd opened some mail. It was addressed to the company, not to her. Tried to call his boss - nothing. She only replies when he asks to collect his personal items.

Now he was in his probational period but still - by TEXT? Seems very unprofessional and cowardly. I'm aware that you can be let go for pretty much no reason during probation but - of all the friends of mine who have been let go like that, they at least got a phone call.

I'm just really upset for him. I don't know the full story but I'm just aghast at the cheek of it!

Associate
OP
He was there for a good few months...it's such a shame. To be fair, it isn't really what he wanted to do with his life so he's concentrating on something else now and has a new job to tide him over :)

Companies just seem to treat graduates like poo. So many people I know have been hired for a few weeks and let go just as the probation period was ending. Somebody should put a stop to firing people without good reason :(

As for Rainmaker...how vile of them :(

Still, I can see why a company might do it to cover their backs. At my old job, we had someone work for a week and then text in on the Monday after saying 'Not coming in. This job isn't really for me'.

Back
Top Bottom