Scored 2x mega cheap Beelink Ryzen 5500u mini PCs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
While I am asking a question here, really it's more of a 'check out this bargain' type post. My wife is part of one of those Amazon deals groups on Telegram, and she just bought me two of these units (16GB RAM, 512GB NVMe storage) for £3 each on a price glitch... :eek: She actually got a lot more stuff, it was just a bit of a drop on that night where a lot of glitches came along together. We got another new cordless vacuum, CCTV, the two PCs and some other stuff for a grand total of £12 (£1,700 RRP). :D I honestly can't move for Amazon boxes most weeks, and she never usually spends more than £20 a week lol.

Anyway, they were delivered today and I'm wondering what to do with them. I may as well put Debian on one and let the kids have it as a bedroom PC for homework, YouTube/Plex etc since they appear to have good hardware acceleration support (HEVC 10 bit and 8 bit, H264, VP9 etc) and it'll do them fine for messing around on. The other unit, I dunno. I already have multiple desktops including a Threadripper machine, SFF PCs, Synology NAS, RasPi 3B, ROCK5B and a FreeBSD server.

Any suggestions on cool things to do with it? At 15W it may as well do 'something'. Little Podman/Docker machine, maybe? Proxmox? I have my Pi running Caddy (reverse proxy for my domains/self-hosted content), my NAS running Docker (said self-hosted content) and my FreeBSD server is just downloading stuff and sending it to the NAS, mostly. Maybe I could add in the 1TB Samsung Pro SSD from the FreeBSD box to this little unit and consolidate a little? Bit plain though... Any better ideas? :D

Soldato
OP
Sell one to me on the MM for £4? :p
Can you share the Telegram group?
Username does not check out. :mad::D I can ask, but it's invite only though I think. I'm not even on it, I just reap the benefits because my wife is, in fact, awesome! There's a lot of spam on there (ads, cheap crap) but these little nuggets do come along fairly regularly. You just have to be quick!

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Just bought a 5800h model for my folks, wasn’t £3 more like £350 :cry:

Still felt reasonably cheap for what you got.

Last edited:
Associate
My PC went and died on me at the weekend and I'm still trying to work out what died. I need a replacement quickand just bought one of those Beelinks on Amazon,it cam with a £90 voucher attached. £344 altogether (inc. postage), and Youtube reviews are positive. It might be a stand-in that becomes the main machine as I love the idea of a sff boxand ditching my big tower and going minimal, the days of dick wavingspecs is past.

And... jammy bugger!

P.S. Sorry for the typing, currently having to make dowith an ancientnotebook with a dodgy keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom