Setting up a staging website with stablepoint and then going live

Associate
I have a medium webhosting account with stable point. I had 2 website but recently let one go. I have deleted the domains in cpanel and deleted the folders in ftp.

My first question is I've noticed a few comments on this forum saying a reseller account may be better. I don't fully understand why extra domains have to be add on domains and the files located within folders within my main site. Would it be better to switch to the go reseller account so everything is separated?

Anyway my main question is I'm about to start another website. I have already bought the domains (I want to redirect the .com to the .co.uk). Last time I largely built the site while it was live (I used a wordpress desktop program for a bit but it was painfully slow). This time I want to work on it online before launching it.

Can anyone help with how to set up a staged site only I can access it and then what to do when I want to launch it? I will likely use WordPress (which my main site uses) but was going to have a play with stablepoint templates first just to see what they are like, as it only going to be a very simple website.

Last edited:
Associate
I have a medium webhosting account with stable point. I had 2 website but recently let one go. I have deleted the domains in cpanel and deleted the folders in ftp.

My first question is I've noticed a few comments on this forum saying a reseller account may be better. I don't fully understand why extra domains have to be add on domains and the files located within folders within my main site. Would it be better to switch to the go reseller account so everything is separated?

Anyway my main question is I'm about to start another website. I have already bought the domains (I want to redirect the .com to the .co.uk). Last time I largely built the site while it was live (I used a wordpress desktop program for a bit but it was painfully slow). This time I want to work on it online before launching it.

Can anyone help with how to set up a staged site only I can access it and then what to do when I want to launch it? I will likely use WordPress (which my main site uses) but was going to have a play with stablepoint templates first just to see what they are like, as it only going to be a very simple website.
Reseller is best. It isolates each website in its own folder, rather than being a subfolder.

Associate
OP
Sorry I'm back again. I used LWP to build a site and it worked wonderfully.

I now want to use it again, but for some reason it's borked. Firstly it wanted to update, but kept failing. I downloaded it again and ran the install, which seemed to do the trick.

For some reason I cannot create a new site, or update WordPress version on existing site. I decided to uninstall, reboot, reinstall, reboot. But it's still playing up.

Does anyone know how to get LWP working properly?

Back
Top Bottom