SFX-L for 4090/5090

Soldato
As title really, is there anything out there that runs the "new" ATX standard that will happily run that power draw of a card along with the usual couple of m.2s, an ITX board, 64GB of ram, larger draw AIO and an undecided CPU (think 9950x3d should this get announced at Computex).

I'm buying a few bits here and there now and migrating to a new ITX case that can take a 4 slot. Ive got this form factor now so figured I would start with a larger storage m.2, the case, potentially the cooler if mine doesnt fit (EK 280) as well as the PSU. Then all I will need to do is transplant the MB, RAM, CPU and new m.2 OS drive. Ill add the new GPU as and when it is released.

So PSU.. What do you think will fit the bill?

For context, i have an Corsair SFX 750w that uses the older ATX standard and the traditional ATX PCIE connectors.

Soldato
OP
Does it have to be SFX-L? I'd probably just try what you have if it has enough PCI-E 8 pins for the octopus adapter, or can take Corsair's 12VHPWR cable.
For the sake of about £120 or so I think I’d be better buying another just because I know that 750w is on the edge of what is recommended for a 4070ti never mind anything more juicy. I need to realistically work out the draw over all components as a worst case based on the power hungry parts of today and just hope that not much changes between generations.

I could try the old PSU, worst case I can run the old GPU for a day if the new one proves to be a problem as I wait for a new PSU to arrive I guess.

Last edited:
Soldato
For the sake of about £120 or so I think I’d be better buying another just because I know that 750w is on the edge of what is recommended for a 4070ti never mind anything more juicy.

Testing showed the SF750 can do over 950w before it switches it's self off.

A 4070ti is no match for it. I only swapped mine out with my 4090 and 13900k because I was swapping other stuff already and really 750w is probably on the low side for what I have... If I was using a 4070ti there is no way the SF750 would have come out, it'll easily cope with that

Associate
Christ! Really? That’s interesting I must say.. undervolting involved?

Not undervolted but cpu stock clocks and the gpu is a FE (actually was worse on a sfx 850).

kldnw6u-jpg.477705

Last edited:
Associate
Just installed an Asus Loki SFX-L PSU, it's atx 3 rating so only one cable from PSU to the Nvidia 4 series connector (not sure what the name is).

Made by Seasonic, and backed by 10yr warranty, and quiet.

Only had it less than 1wk, but am impressed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom